Terrell L. Williams
Chapter 13 - Complete Case 13-1 (Chippy Potato Chip Company) on pages 250 in your
1. If you worked for Chippy, what new classification would you ask for? Give your reasons.
As of December 2006, the NMFC indicated that absent
Chapter 14 - Complete Questions for Discussion and Review #
1. Discuss some of the key political restrictions on cross-border trade.
Many nations ban certain types of shipments that might jeopardize their national security.
Likewise, individual na
11. Define supplier development, and explain why it is becoming more prominent in
some organizations. Supplier development (reverse marketing) refers to a
degree of aggressive procurement not normally encountered in supplier
selection and can incl
Terrell L. Williams
Read Chapter 8 in your textbook (Inventory Management)
Complete and submit Questions for Discussion and Review #
2, Why is it necessary to try applying classifications or categories to inventory? Inventory in
any organization c
1. How has globalization impacted the transportation managers job?
Global managers have a wide range of options to deal with globalization. Organizational
strategies for international operations involve two related demandsthe need for local
Complete Questions for Discussion and Review #
1. Explain how the location decision process involves several layers of screening or focus. The
location decision process is a layered approach with detailed analysis and scope growing
Chapter 4 - Complete Questions for Discussion and Review
1. Discuss several issues that influence the organization of logistics
activities within a firm. The organization of logistics activities within a
firm depends on a number of factors, including the
Complete Questions for Discussion and Review (Page 126) #
1. What is the relationship between demand management, order management, and
customer service? There is a key link between order management and demand
forecasting, in that