3/12- introduced the concept of organizational development and looked at the different parts of
it. Drew what we thought it was on a piece of paper on the wall.
- social systems- open or closed systems. Close is difficult to get
Mind mapping- have people write down what they remember
- Adults like hands on experiences when being trained, not just lectured
- Use tools that you are comfortable with and know how to use well
- Do something different every 20 mi
KOLB model of learning
TASK ANALYSIS (pg 61)
It is easier to pick a hard skill (tying shoes) than a soft skill. It is easier to create a task analysis.
Want to be knowledgeable
Conduct research to understand your skill better
Lay out steps
Use action work
History of Organizational Development:
Problem- we need to focus on organizations and fix it. After WWII, needed to solve the problem.
- creation of organizational development (OD)
- Action research
- A change model
- Force-field analysis
Introduction to Training
Strategies for organizational effectiveness:
- conducting a communication audit
- changing the organization chart to reduce barriers to communication
- redesign a communication message system
training- the process of developing sk
Creating Training Plans
- research- look for new development and current trends
- content- how do you get content? Do the research. Task analysis should be long in
length, if it isnt, you need to do some research. You cant map out too much content.