1. Japan is a fully industrialized country.
2. The United Nations is an organization that classifies a country's economic development
into three categories that include more-developed countries, less-developed countries,
and least-developed cou
1. Standardization versus adaptation best describes the view toward market
segmentation in the 1970s.
2. John is a part of the marketing team in his company. There is a conflict between
the finance team and the marketing team of the company on
1. China has a dual economy that embraces aspects of socialism and capitalism.
2. The United States' granting of normal trade relations (NTR) to China on a
permanent basis (PNTR) had a profound impact on the country's economy.
3. China has two
1. The European Coal and Steel Community was the first institution that was
created to restore prosperity, stability, and peace in Europe after World War II.
2. Groups of countries that seek mutual economic benefit from reducing
Chapter 13: Products and Services for Consumers
The distinction between products and services for companies, Disney for example, means
o Market offerings and B2C marketing encompass both products and services.
o Governmental agencies that keep tra
Chapter 14: Products and Services for Businesses
Technology is the main product sold for international consumption.
There are two basic factors that account for greater market similarities among industrial
goods customers than among consumer goods custome
1. Problems due to cultural differences at the level of decision-making processes
can occur in international business negotiations.
2. In the context of international business negotiations, the image of the Irish never
being sober is an example
1. Global Source Pvt. Ltd. prefers to set its prices and not follow the prices
prevailing in the market to achieve specific goals. This implies that Global Source
Pvt. Ltd. views pricing as an active instrument of accomplishing marketing
Chapter 15: International Marketing Channels
A product must be accessible to the target market at an affordable price.
Channel of Distribution Structures
o Distribution process- includes the physical handling and distribution of goods, the
passage of owne
1. In the context of interpersonal selling, a company's most direct tie to the customer
is the salesperson.
2. The reason why an international sales force in Germany can make greater use of
expatriates is because it is an information-oriented c