1. Evolution: the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive
2. Microevolution: the occurrence of small-scale changes in allele frequencies in a population, over
a few generations, also known as
Chapter 10: 1. Diploid: A cell or an organism consisting of two sets of chromosomes: usually, one set from the mother and another set from the father. In a diploid state the haploid number is doubled, thus, this condition is also known as 2n. 2. Haploid:
Sofia Medeiros Definitions week 1 Chapter 1: 1. Biology: the scientific study of life that consists of many disciplines and areas of specialty. 2. Cell: the basic unit of structure and function of all living things. 3. Organelle: the compartments of a euk
Definitions Chapter 7:
1. Photosynthesis: proccess that converts solar energy into the chemical energy of a carbohydrate.
2. Autotrophs: photosynthetic organisms, including land plants, algae, and cyanobacteria.
3. Cyanobacteria: photosynthetic bacteria t
Definitions Chapter 4: Cell Theory: states that; all organisms are composed of cells; cells are the basic units of structure and function in organisms and; cells come only from preexisting cells because cells are self-reproducing. P 60 blue box Surface Ar