1. The nurse planning to teach a family about tay sachs disease understands the pattern of
inheritance for inborn errors of metabolism is usually
a. Autosomal recessive
2. The nurse explains that because of an inadequate secretion of insulin
ADHD: Prevalence and
Overall prevalence 3% to 5%
Diagnosed in boys 3 to 4 times more than in girls
Unclear if prevalence is similar in other cultures
for 30% to 50% of mental health
referrals for chi
WHAT IS AUTISM?
Very complex, often baffling
First described by Leo
Kanner in 1943 as early
Auto children are locked
For next 30 years,
considered to be an
WHAT IS A
By Lyssa G.
ASTHMA: THE UGLY TRUTH
Is a chronic long term lung disease that inflames and
narrows the airway.
These airways (bronchial tubes) allow air to move in and
out of the lungs.
The airway in clients with asthma will always exp
The two types are:
What is Discoid Lupus
A chronic skin condition of sores with
inflammation and scarring favoring the
face, ears, and scalp and at ti
1. woman who is 36 weeks pregnant tells the nurse she plans to fly to Hawaii. Which is a 12 hour
flight. What would the nurse recommend that the woman do during the flight?
a. Get up and walk around the plane frequently
b. Drink at least 4 ounce
1. The nurse is caring for a newborn of a substance abusing mother who is withdrawing from
alcohol. Which of the following would the nurse likely see in this newborn?
a. The newborn is hyperactive and irritable
2. The LPN is assisting with the deve
Deficiency of hexosaminidase, an enzyme
necessary for the metabolism of fats
Lipid deposits accumulate on nerve cells
causing physical and mental deterioration
Primarily found in the Ashkenazic Jewish
Pharmacology ATI Focused Review
1. Identifying a Potential Drug-Drug Interaction
2. Adverse Effects of Anti Gout Medication
3. Reinforcing Client Teaching about Broad Spectrum Antibiotics
4. Manifestation of Toxicity
1. The nurse explains that a ventricular septal defect will allow.
a. Blood to shunt left to right, causing increased pulmonary flow and no cyanosis
2. The assessment that would lead the nurse to suspect that a newborn infant has a ve
1. The nurse would teach the parents of a child with a low platelet count to avoid:
2. The nurse recognizes the contraction duration and interval that could result in fetal compromise
a. Duration longer than 90 seconds, interva
Pediatric Heart Information
a. A blood vessel in a fetus that BYPASSES PULMONARY CIRCULATION by connecting the
pulmonary artery directly to the ascending aorta.
1. A patient with severe diarrhea develops an imbalance of potassium. The nurse expects the client
to exhibit which of the following symptoms?
a. Shallow respirations, lethargy, nausea
2. The nurse is reinforcing teaching on transmission of HIV for a fami