October 16, 2014
Self -Assessment Quiz
Question 1: Some of the sociocultural factors questions I would have to ask are; how often do the
women engage in sexual intercourse? What religion do they practice in their household? Are forms of
March 9, 2015
Malaria is a mosquito-borne disease caused by a parasite. Once a human is bitten by an
infected mosquito, the parasite grows and it multiplies in the liver cells first. Then it makes its
way to the red
September 23, 2014
Chapter 4; Questions 6-10
6. What are the most important ethical concerns that arise when research is conducted
with people in developing countries?
The most ethical concerns that arise when resea
February 10, 2015
Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Study Questions 1-8 (chp.3)
1) Infectious and noninfectious diseases directly correlate with communicable and non-communicable
disease. Communicable diseases are infectious, contagious, and are
November 10, 2014
My name is Porscha LaShae Walton and I am a junior at Saint Augustines University. I
am from Richmond, Virginia and I am a public health major. I basically fell into the major after
another no longer
February 18, 2014
Health Disparities in America
Writing assignment #2
In the study of race differences in use of analgesic medication, Dr. Knox and his colleagues
conducted a study of African American and white patients who c
Lab 7- Lecithinase test
1. The Methylene blue strip in the anaerobic gas pak jar turns colorless after the incubation.
What is the possible reason for this? What are the reactions taking place inside an
anaerobic gas pak jar?
The blue color is a result of
Lab 8- bacterial growth curve
1. Define bacterial growth curve? Explain the different phases of growth of bacteria?
-Bacterial growth curve is when the pattern of which the bacterial increases in size of a
population over a period of time. Phase one is La
August 21, 2014
Chapter 2 Study Questions
1. What are the main factors that determine your health?
- The main factors that determine a persons health are the: physical environment, the
individual, healthy child development, so
September 21, 2015
Smoking and tobacco use in the United States is a major concern. According to the CDC,
in 2013 there were 42.1 million people who over the age of 18 that currently smoke cigarettes.