Sleep: Renewal and Restoration
How much of our life do we actually spend sleeping? 1/3
True or False: Today Americans average 6.9 hours of sleep per
on weeknights and 7.9 on weekend nights.
What are 5 emotional effects of sleep deprivation
HEALTH is not merely an absence of disease or infirmity but a complete state of physical,
mental and social well-being.
Malaise & Vital, Meanin
1. How does heart disease occur?
Narrowing of the coronary arteries that supply oxygen to the heart. As with all cells, the
cells of the heart need a constant supply of oxygen-rich blood.
2. Define angina.
If not enough oxygen-carry
1. What are the Dietary Guidelines for Americans?" How often are
2. All recommendations of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines fall within
what two main goals?
3. To curb the obesity epidemic and improve their health, many
Cancer kills over 550,000 Americans yearly and is the second leading cause of death behind heart
disease. That's the bad news, the good news is that we do have some control over whether we develop
cancer. We make choices everyday that either increase or d
Tab 2 of 4 (active tab)
2016 Fall Health in Modern Society *600*HLTH1000600201680
Review Test Submission: Syllabus Quiz
2016 Fall Health in M
1. True or False: A person is "overweight" if his/her body weight is 10% above
recommended healthy levels, or BMI between 25 and 30.
2. True or False: A person is "obese" if his/her body weight is 15% a