3. Four stages of demographic transition are: Preindustrial stage, when there is little population growth because harsh living conditions lead to both a high birth rate (to compensate for high infant mortality) and a high death rate. Transitional stage, w
Quiz C ycling
Chapter 4 Ecosystems: Components, Energy Flow, and Matter
1. Which of the following levels of organization is the most inclusive?
2. A(n) _ includes both living and non-living components. Ecosystem 3. The innermost part of the Eart
3. Succession a) Describe the process of primary and secondary succession noting the differences between them. Include the causes, time frame involved, pioneer species, mid- and latesuccessional plant species. i) Primary succession is the colonization and
1. A person who is primarily interested in the establishment of new wilderness areas would be considered a(n) a. b. c. d. ecologist. preservationist. restorationist. conservationist.
2. Which of the following statements about developed countries
Different molecular forms of a gene are called
Genetic variability in a population arises through
In order for natural selection to occur
Which of the following processes involves changes in the gene pool of more
Ecologists say that a nic