Logic Practice Test 4 with answers sections 7.1 and 7.2 in Hurley
One-Step Proofs. Complete the following proofs. They can be done in one step using the rules from 7.1
and 7.2 of your text. 14 points.
1. ~J > K
Practice Test 3
For problems 1-3, determine whether the expression is a tautology, contingent, or self-contradictory.
Fill in the truth table. You must fill in the reference columns and every column under an
operator. You may fill in more column
Rel. and Science
-Intelli gent Design
-irreducible complexity has to come through an intelligent agent- God
-the past is dead and gone and inaccessible except what has been written down
Israel was made a nation in 1943 by the UN
Sacred Jewish Text
I The Ta Nak: Jewish Bible includes;
o Talmud- Oral traditions set down in writing
o Kabbalah- mystical writings
Types ofJudaism(Details on Blackboard)
I Orthodox Jews(Not adoptive to eth
Instructor: Jen ZiemInstructor: Jen Ziemke
Room: AD 26 (section 52) and AD 25 (section 53)
T, R: 9:30-10:45 (section 52) and 2:00-3:15 (section 53)
Office Hours: T, R: 3:30-6:30, or by appointment
The purpose of this course is to guide y
Study Guide for Quiz 1
This study guide is intended for you to prepare for the first quiz (Thursday, September
8). It first provides a brief description of the quiz structure, as well as a road map for
getting a g
A bibliometric study of theses available in National
Social Science Documentation Center, ICSSR during
1970 to 2009"
Bibliometrics; Dissertation(s); NASSDOC; ICSSR; Social Science
Research; Indian universities; Theses; Social Scientists
According to the United Nations, in 1804 the world population reached the milestone of 1 billion
people. The U.N. and the United States Census Bureau have projected that figure will reach 7
billion people sometime durin
Chapter 1 Study Guide
3. functions (difference between manifest & latent)
8. political science
Important People- What is their s
Paper I: English I
1. The Merchant of Venice William Shakespeare :
The Trial scene ( Act IV Scene I ).
2. Justice John Galsworthy :
The Court Scene ( Act II ), Trial Scene.
3. University of Calcutta English Selections :
The Civilisation of T
1. Immanuel Kants Deontological ethics
Kant's theory is an example of a deontological or duty-based ethics: it
judges morality by examining the nature of actions and the will of agents rather
than goals achieved. (Roughly, a deontological theory
3. Freedom is Teleological
Anselm (the teacher in this dialog) begins his argument for why the option to sin is not
a part of freedom for a will by appealing to the very doctrines that the student raises as
opposed to free choice of the will. When Anselm
St. Anselm of Canterbury
De Libertate Arbitrii (On Freedom Of Choice)
1. Historical background
Between the time that Augustine penned De Libero Arbitrio Voluntatis (On Free Choice
of the Will, written 388-395 A.D.) and Anselms time over six centuries la
Philosophy 101 Notes
- believes morality is CI
- Ex. You ought not to smoke
- Ex. If you want to improve your lung health, you ought not to smoke
The Formula of Universal Law (FUL)
*Aristotles Nicomachean Ethics Book I
1.) What is the ultimate good (also the ultimate telos or end) of human beings,
according to their nature as a certain kind of creature? Explain the relationship of
the ultimate end to intermediate ends with respect t
(Required question #9 from chapter 2 of Proslogion. Optional question #10 from De
Libertate Arbitrii (On Freedom of Choice) and Anselm on Free Choice notes. Both
texts available online at http:/www.cla.umn.edu/jhopkins.)
1.) *Give Anselms descripti
PAR Study guide 2 1. What is the Greek notion of a soul? The soul is defined as the thing that keeps you alive. 2. How does Socrates argue that philosophy is practice for death? -Death is the separation of the soul from the body. -Philosophers shun pleasu
1. What is the puzzle of the ship of Theseus? A ship composed entirely of oak planks is docked in a dock "A" for repairs, they move the oak planks to dock B, placing teak planks in their stead at dock A. Which ship is the original, the ship of oak or the
1. What is the puzzle of the ship of Theseus?
A ship composed entirely of oak planks is docked in a dock A for repairs, they
move the oak planks to dock B, placing teak planks in their stead at dock A.
Which ship is the original, the ship of oak or the sh
1. What is theological anthropomorphism? What is Theological mysticism?
Anthropomorphism- The thesis that deities are persons. Mysticism- The thesis
that deities are ineffable principles.
2. What is Humes analysis of causation? C causes E if and only if:
1. What is the paradox of fearing fictions?
1. Audiences know that the monsters of horror fictions do not exist.
2. Nobody is afraid of what they know not to exist
3. Yet, audiences are afraid of monsters in horror fiction.
2. What is the illusion theory?