Which of the following is not one of the central questions in evaluating a company's business prospects?
A. What is the company's present situation?
B. What are the key product or service attributes demanded by consumers?
C. Where does t
Define Management the process of working with people and resources to accomplish org. goals effectively and efciently
identify] Define the functions of management Planning: setting goals, deciding how to achieve them, delivering
Review Guide for the Final Exam
Spring Semester 2012
The Final Exam is scheduled for Thursday, May 10, 2012 from 8:00 10:30 am. The exam will
consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The nal exam is not optional, it is com
Benefits at Google
Health saving account
Vacation and paid time of
Income tax analyst
Insurance team leader,
business risk and insurance
Quantitative financial analyst
Technical accounting manager
SEC reporting analyst
Sales, service and support
Sales and operations
Everyone knows Google offers some extreme benefits. On their website
executive chairman Eric Schmidt wrote in an explanation of Googles benefits, The goal is to strip away
everything that gets in our employees way Google believes that when you ta
HOW CYBERLOAFING INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY
(Attn. getting dev.)
I. Take out phones and check social media (Multimedia aid: phone timer)
II. Today I am going to tell you how internet distractions can reduce stress and
1. Organizations are open systems that affect and are affected by their external
2. The external environment includes all relevant forces outside an organization's
3. Inputs are the goods and se
Understanding why people do the things they do on the job is an easy task for managers.
Motivation refers to forces that energize, direct, and sustain a person's efforts.
All behavior, except involuntary reflex
1. Planning provides individuals and work units with a clear map that is rigid.
2. The steps followed during formal planning are similar to the basic decision-making
3. Situational analysis focuses on internal for
1. Managers often avoid taking action when faced with challenges.
2. Most of the problems that managers face are structured, and this makes the decision
process easier because there is a procedure to follow already.
What We Talk About in this Chapter
The nature of managerial decision making
The six steps managers should take to make the best
The advantages and disadvantages of group decision
The role that creati
Why is Awareness of Structure and Agility
There is a constant tension for managers at
every level between the need for control
(structure) and the need for flexibility required
to respond to the demand for ch
Effective Team Management
What We Will Discuss In This Chapter
Explain why groups and teams are key contributors to
Identify the different types of groups and teams that help
managers and organizations achieve the
Managing and Performing
The perspective from which we will approach the topic of Management
is framed by several types of organizational performance.
QC IS SS
Quality: Excellence in products and servi
52.According to James Kouzes and Barry Posner, the best
56.Supervisory leadership is best described as behavior
A. provides support and corrective day-to-day feedback.
A. seldom show appreciation.
B. stick to conventional practic
A Brief History of Management
Appendix A to Chapter 1
Approaches to Management
Scientific Management Frederick Taylor, ca. 1911
Mary Parker Follett was an early counterpoint to Taylor
The Bureaucratic Idea Max Weber, ca. 1914
Administrative Management H
Management and Organizational Behavior
Fall Semester, 2016
Instructor: Dr. Edward Jernigan
Office: Friday 217C
Office Hours: TR 1:00 2:00 pm; other times by appointment
Class Meets: Tuesday and T
1. One of the ongoing challenges that characterize the current business landscape is
2. Globalization affects both small and large companies.
3. A global company can be headquartered anywhere, but all empl
Strategic Human Resource
Strategic Human Resource Management
Human resource management (HRM): Activities that
managers engage in to attract and retain employees and
to ensure that they perform at a high level and contribute
to the a
1. Foreign direct investment flows to less developed countries by firms in developed
countries is declining substantially.
2. One of the consequences of an increasingly integrated global economy is that
imports are penetrating deep
1. Human resources management deals with formal systems for the management of
people at work.
2. People are a source of competitive advantage when their skills, knowledge, and
abilities are not equally available to all competitors
1. A leader is one who influences others to attain goals.
2. An outstanding leader needs good strategic substance but not necessarily effective
3. Leadership works best when it is reserved for thos
Issues for Managers
Implications of a Flat World
Expansion of international trade
Foreign direct investment (FDI) is playing an ever-increasing role in the
Imports are penetrating deeper into the world