Fall, 2015. Evolution of Social Theory. SOCY 3153.
Book Review Paper:
6-8 pages, double-spaced, 10- or 12-point font.
Summarize the entire book.
Include your opinions, but they should be no more than of report.
CHOOSE BOOK FROM THIS LIST:
Seven Questions for Social Theory
1. What social patterns and social phenomena is the theorist concerned with
2. What social structures are important to the theorist?
3. How does the theorist conceive of the individual?
4. How does the theorist
1. Give the dates and nationality of each of our 4 theorists.
Adam smith 1723-1790 (Scottish, English)
Karl Marx 1818-1883 (German)
Emile Durkheim 1858-1917 (French)
Max Weber 1864-1920 (German)
2. According to Durkheim, what caused the increase in the di
Guidelines for Book Review
(1) Summarize the whole book. However, you don't need to do it chapter by
chapter. Also, you can spend more time on what you think is most interesting in
(2) You may critique the book, but it should not be more than ha
The Drunkards walk: How randomness rules our lives
Leonard Mlodinows book, The Drunkards walk, is about the role of randomness in our
lives, how and why we often misinterpret the role and draw improper concl