What are aesthetics and why are you studying it in sustainability class? !
- I perceive, feel, sense !
- Ones perceptions/feelings of art or beauty !
- The philosophy of (human made) art !
- Teste, judgements, emotions, sensory values!
- ALSO: the philoso
*(test question) How does economics relate to ethics of climate change?!
Weighing the costs and benets. 98pg second column. Ethics of Climate Changes.!
Orr, All Sustainability is Local!
1. What is meant by the expression Think globally and act locally
What is environmental discrimination? How does it relate to the other terms we have
encountered, such as environmental justice and environmental racism?
Page 303 bottom: Environmental Discrimination - disparate treatment of a.group or community
EoS III: Equity & Fairness (pp.1-5) !
Life isnt fair !
Why does equity matter? !
MA: particular people will be most impacted !
Poor people !
People of color !
- Main problems: !
Food/agriculture, water, air (inside & out) !
Dr. Allen and Mr. McDonald
December 6, 2013
Ever since elementary school Ive heard about the issue of climate change from adults
and the media, but I never really understood what the effects of it were.
From a childs
- Role of Government in Ensuring Equity Under Sustainability !
- Education !
Formal (institutions) !
informal (general) !
the focus of environmental education is the preparation of all members of
society for new processes of inclusionary environmental
EoS II: Business & Economics!
Webs of Life (pp. 1-3) !
Sustainability in the context of economics and business recognizes that: !
- all livelihoods have their foundations in the systems that support life on Earth. !
- our economies have compromised the a
Green Roofs at UNCG!
Pictures of plants and Mossman!
What are Green Roofs?: !
Green Roofs last longer than conventional roofs, reduce energy costs with natural
insulation, create peaceful retreats for people and anima
1. What is design? What is epistemology? What is ecological design? What are the
main new questions that ecological design compels us to ask?"
pp. 33 ecological design. "
pp. 34 the main questions: "
Does it enhance the ecological world or "
2. The rst pa
Types of plants: !
We are planning on using a extensive green roof for our plan, which has a soil depth of
6 inches, therefore only certain plants, that are drought resistant, will work for our
roof(Live Roof Mag). !
Water conserver plants will be the pla
1. Dene the following: soundscape studies, acoustic ecology, acoustic niche theory.!
2. What is a commons? What is a sound commons?!
according to Roman law, was a thing (res) that by its nature is incapable of being
captured and thereby possessed. A commo