CHEMICAL KINETICS: REACTION OF
CRYSTAL VIOLET WITH NaOH
NOTE: You will have two lab periods to complete this experiment. You
will only complete one prelab and one lab report. DO NOT THROW
AWAY THE STANDARDS YOU MAKE DURING WEEK ONE BECAU
Chapter 11 Supplemental Problem Set
1. Find the vapor pressure of CC14 (carbon tetrachloride) at 38 C, if AHvalp = 32.0
kJ/mole and at 23 C the vapor pressure is 0.132 atm. Ans. P = 0.250 atm
2. Liquid nitrogen is excellent for keeping temperature aro
Molecular Geometry and Molecular Polarity Review Problem Set
1. Show the molecular geometry of each of the following molecules and indicate
whether each of the molecules is polar or not.
Chemistry 102 Fall 2016 Exam I cfw_(6%
1. Multiple Choice: (28 points Total; 4 pts each)
1. Determine the rate expression for the reaction, A + B > C. given the below initial rate data for the reaction.
Rate (initial)K M/s
10/ ( mum-l
First Law of Thermodynamics
Energy cannot be created or destroyed (Chapter 5).
Therefore, the total energy of the universe is a
Energy can, however, be converted from one form
to another or transferred from a system to
Remember kinetic energy?
According to KMT, the average KE T.
So how does the average velocity, v, change as
As temperature increases:
A. Average velocity increases.
B. Average velocity decreases.
C. Average velocity remains consta
Chemistry 102 Summer II 2016
Recommended Practice Problems
Text: OpenStax College,
to Exam 1
Doing practice problems is the best way to prepare for Exams.
Recommended problems for Chapter 9
1, 3, 5, 9, 11, 19, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 39, 41, 45, 47,