American History II Pr. 2
The Twilight Zone
The Twilight Zone is an American television anthology series created by Rod Serling.
The episodes are in various genres, including psychological horror, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, and psychologic
Reasons for English Colonization: (why should I go to the New World?)
1. National Profit & Glory
2. Religion Protestant (Anglican)
3. Refuge for Englands surplus population
4. Enclosure movement created landless men willing to colonize
Started by the Virginia Company (band of merchants) 
Sent soldiers & men to search for gold
Sent 6000 colonists to Jamestown between 1607-1622 (only 1200
were still alive & in Jamestown in 1622)
1609 400 colonists, but after a long wi
Due Date: 12/3/10
Europeans conquered and colonized Africa from 1880 to 1960; which then began
independence for Africa. Colonization within Africa was caused by a process of different events.
Thesis Topic: Slave Trade and Colonialism
Indirectly the Atlantic slave trade led to colonization in Africa and the change in
relationship between Africa and Europe, in the 19th century. Slave trade effects
Louis and Mary Leakey They were mid 20th century paleontologists. They discovered that mankind was from
Africa and not Asia. They also discovered that homo sapien evolution was not linear.
Through there findings they found that bipedalism began 3.57 milli
born in Joal-la-Portugaise, oct 9 1906 south of Dakar, small village
His father, a wealthy merchant, was of noble descent, who supported a family of some
Senghor's mother was a Peul, one of a pastoral and nomadic people.
Midterm Exam Study Guide
Where do you mainly get your news and information about the world?
Aug. 6 and 9, 1945, atomic bombs were dropped by US on civilian targets in two
Lecture 4 Notes
When Allied troops began to occupy Nazi concentration camps in Germany, Austria, and
Poland at the end of World War II, they were stunned by the horrific scenes of inhumanity
that they observed there: ovens still filled with the charred re
Lecture 3 Notes
Churchill and FDR,
The close cooperation between Prime Minister Winston Churchill of Britain and
President Franklin Roosevelt of the United States greatly helped assure the effective
cooperation of their two countries in World War II. Thei
Lecture 2 Notes
WAS WORLD WAR II PREVENTABLE?
Winston Churchill wrote in his WW II memoirs (The Gathering Storm ) that when
President Franklin Roosevelt (FDR) asked what the war should be called,
Churchill replied, The Unnecessary War. There never was a w
Lecture 1 Notes
Coming to terms with basic terminology
Remember, definitions are only starting points to larger discussions of what they are and
what they mean, not to mention the contradictions between what certain ideologies and
systems say and what the
Exam 3 Study Guide
The Kitchen Debate,
July 24, 1959,
U.S. Embassy, Moscow, Soviet Union
During the late 1950s, the United States and the Soviet Union sought to defuse Cold War
tensions by encouraging cultural exchanges between the two countries. On one o
HIST 103 Final Exam: Provide the BEST answer to each question
4pts. each: maximum 100 pts.
1. Hitlers Final Solution against the Jews during World War II
a. envisioned the emigration of Jews to the island of Madagascar
b.was laid out by Hitler when he bec
HIST 103 Unit 3 Exam: Provide the BEST answer to each question. 4 pts.
each=100 pts. total possible
1. After independence, India faced the problem of
a. a Muslim majority in the Hindu nation of India.
b. the permanent loss of Kashmir and Hyderabad.
HIST 103 Unit 2 Exam: Provide the BEST answer to each question
4 pts. per question: maximum 100 points
1. The failure of Soviet Communism was most apparent in the
a. lack of weapons.
b. failure of its space program.
c. shortage of consumer goods and housi
HIST 103 Unit 1 Exam: Provide the BEST answer(4 pts.each,100 pts total)
1. Nazi totalitarianism included all of the following EXCEPT
a. pro-government mass demonstrations.
b. racial laws directed against Jews.
c. the outlawing of the Christian churches
ECO 105: Principles of Economic Theory Chapter 7 Answer Key for Sample Multiple-Choice Questions
1. b) is the correct answer. Economic profit is the difference between the firm's total revenue and all opportunity costs, both implicit and explicit. 2.
ECO 105: Principles of Economic Theory Chapter 5 Answer Key for Sample Multiple-Choice Questions
1. b) is the correct answer. The price elasticity of demand is defined as the sensitivity or responsiveness of the quantity demanded to a change in price
ECO 105: Principles of Economic Theory Chapter 9 Answer Key for Sample Multiple-Choice Questions
1. d) is the correct answer. While it is true that resource demand is a derived demand, in general, the quantity of a resource demanded by firms falls as
ECO 105: Principles of Economic Theory Chapter 4 Answer Key for Sample Multiple-Choice Questions
1. c) is the correct answer. If marginal benefit is less than marginal cost, firms will not make a profit and, therefore, will not produce the good. 2. d
ECO 105: Principles of Economic Theory Chapter 2 Sample Multiple-Choice Questions
1. What is the "principle of comparative advantage"? a) One's comparative advantage in production tends to increase the more one produces. b) A country should specializ
Collection of ALL Notes in Class: Lectures 1-10
Class 1: Islamic Empires and Renaissance Europe We focus on Empires, we live in the world of Nation-States Very eclectic, value diversity 1 mold, 1 type of people Muslim empires 1690, went to war with
• Parliament 19 propositions against Charles
• Controls all foreign policy
• Children could not marry or be educated without consent of parliament (not to
marry into catholic bloodline or be educated by them or Jesuits)
• Criticizes hi