Started on Monday, 12 September 2011, 10:46 AM Completed on Monday, 12 September 2011, 12:00 PM Time taken 1 hour 13 mins Marks 15/20 Grade 75 out of a maximum of 100 (75%) Question 1 Marks: 1 A _ will transfer all records within a zone from a primary ser
1 At which layer of the OSI model is the entire message referred to as the payload?
2. Which of the following is true about TCP? ts connectionoriented
3 What is the transmission called used by TCP to request a connection? SYN
4 Which field in a TCP segmen
Moving Toward Modernism
The East Coast Literary Establishment
For decades, "literature" had been coming out of the East, especially New England. Vastly literary and "memorable," authors usually came from areas in New England. Melville, Hawtho
Modern Fiction F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway
Modern Concerns in Fiction
The Modern Fiction writers were concerned with the
breakdown of traditional society under the pressure of modernity. Structures of human life had been destroyed or shown fa
More than any other philosopher, Kant emphasized the way in which the moral life was centered on duty.
Two Conceptions of Duty
1. Duty as following orders
The Adolph Eichmann model
"I had known the Categorical Imperative, but it was in a nutshell, in a
Methods of Encryption
Cryptographic algorithms can use either symmetric keys (secret keys) or asymmetric keys (public keys). Symmetric Cryptography Both parties use the same key for encryption and decryption Each pair of users exchanging messages needs th
OneWay Hash A oneway hash takes a variable length input and produces a fixedlength output, or hash value. A hash value is also known as a message digest. If a sender only wants a specific person to view the hash value sent with the messa
Lesson 11: Maintaining Windows Server 2008 File Services
1. Which Windows feature allows users to perform self-service restores of previous versions of files and folders in case of accidental deletion or unwanted modifications? a) Secret C
Lesson 10: Maintaining Network Health
1. In a PKI, each user/computer possesses a piece of information that is known only to the individual user or computer that is called a _. a) public key b) private packet c) private key d) shared secre
Lesson 9: Securing Data Transmission and Authentication
1. Where is the checksum located? a) footer of each packet b) header of each packet c) payload of each packet d) application data of each packet
2. What suite of protocols was introdu
Lesson 5: Configuring Routing and Remote Access (RRAS) and Wireless Networking
1. Routers are considered components of which layer? a) layer 1 b) layer 2 c) layer 3 d) layer 4
2. For best results, the internetwork should be limited to fewe
Lesson 4: Configuring and Managing the DNS Server Role
1. In a Windows Server 2008 network, the primary means of locating network devices and network services is through the use of _. a) DHCP b) DNS c) TCP/IP d) BOOTP
2. In what year was D
Configuring File Services
Technology Skill Objective Domain Objective #
Configuring a File Server Using the Distributed File System
Configure a file server Configure Distributed File System (DFS)
File Sharing Planning for fi
February 7, 2016
IP Addresses and Communication
Have you wondered whats behind an IP address and the technological terms
that are behind it? Do you know what is an IP address or what is a host name? An IP
Firewalls are used to restrict access from one network to another network. A firewall is a device that supports and enforces the company's network security policy. Many times companies setup firewalls to construct a "DMZ" or "buffer zone" which
NET 110 Mid-Term Study Guide
What is a Network?
A combination of hardware, software, and
cabling, which together allow multiple
computing devices to communicate with each
CSU/DSU Channel service unit / data service unit required when digital equipment will be used to connect a LAN network to a WAN network Necessary because the frames are so different between LAN and WAN equipment. DSU converts signals from
1. The ability to scale cloud services and resources up or down easily refers to which cloud
a. Elastic services
b. Ondemand service
c. Metered service
d. Multiple platform support
2. Which of the following describes the abili
Chapter 3 mindtap
1. At which layer of the OSI model is the entire message referred to as the payload?
b. Data Link
2. Which of the following is true about TCP?
a. Its efficient for singlepacket messages
b. Its hea
Chapter 2 mindtap
1. What does the Transport layer use as an addressing method to identify an application
running on a host?
a. Port number
b. IP address
c. MAC address
2. Which type of address is embedded on a NIC?
a. MAC address
b. IPv4 address
1. What are the most common frequencies used on WiFi networks?
a. 535 KHz, 1606 KHz
b. 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
c. 506 KHz, 1635 KHz
d. 2 GHz, 5.4 GHz
2. What type of antenna is best used for creating a wireless pointtopoint link?
1. Which standard describes structured cabling?
b. OSI Layer 1
c. ANSI 110C
d. IEEE 802.3
2. Where does a service providers network end and the customer network
a. On the network backbone
b. At the IDF junction
c. At the demarc
1. What should you look for if you want to know if your Web browser session is secure?
2. What protocol does an email client use to send an email to the first server?
3. Which protocol cre
1. What type of signals vary infinitely and appear as a wavy line when graphed
2. Which of the following is NOT a property of analog signals?
b. Frequency in Hz
c. Pulse of 0 or 1
Based on the book The Accidental Administrator:
Cisco Router Step-by-Step Configuration Guide
Step One: Identify the class of address.
1-126Class A (8 bit network ID)
128-191Class B (16 bit
Together We are Alone
Facts and Information
The Beginning of the 20th Century Average Life Expectancy Males 48.7, Females 51.8 Annual Salary - $750 Number of Unemployed 2,150,000 National Debt - $1.15 Billion Divorce Rate 1/1000 Vacation
Configuring and Managing the DNS Server Role
Technology Skill Objective Domain Objective # 2.1 2.2 2.3 Installing the DNS Server Role Configure a Domain Name System (DNS) server Introducing DNS Zones Configuring DNS Resource Records