Online Case Simulation: SCR Associates
The SCR Associates case study is a Web-based simulation that allows you to practice your skills
in a real-world environment. The firm offers IT consulting, solutions, and training. SCR
1. Determine whether vertical software packages exist for training operations
management. Search the Internet and draft a message describing the results.
I could not find any vertical software packages designed for training operations management.
1. Create a detail report that will display all SCR courses in alphabetical order, with the
course name and the instructor name in a group header; the Social Security number,
name, and telephone number of each current student in the detail section; and th
Q1. Describe the concept of software as a service rather than a product. Is this an
important trend? Why or why not?
Generally if a software needed to be installed it was done by purchasing the software and then
downloading the files on the system. But wi
Q1. Write the script for a one minute explanation of basic project management concepts
Project management is the process of planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on the
development of an information system. Three major factors affecting a project
4. What strategies are Wal-Mart and Lowes using to gain more online customers?
Walmart and Lowes is using the Business to consumer commerce to gain more online customers. They
offer deals and incentives, allow customers to do research, compare prices and
2. What is a DBMS? Briefly describe the components of DBMS.
DBMS is short for Database Management System. It is a set of different software that help to
organize, store and retrieve data.
2. Database administrators
3. Related informa
Q3. What is the difference between a context diagram and diagram 0? Which symbol is
not used in a context diagram?
A context diagram describes a single big process whereas diagram 0 describes the small
processes that are linked to a big single process. E.
Lab Identifying IPv6 Addresses.
Part 1: Identify the Different Types of IPv6 Addresses
Review the different types of IPv6 addresses.
Match the IPv6 address with the correct type.
Part 2: Examine a Host IPv6 Network Interface and Addres
Lab - Using Wireshark to Observe the TCP 3-Way Handshake
Part 1: Prepare Wireshark to Capture Packets
Select an appropriate NIC interface to capture packets.
Part 2: Capture, Locate, and Examine Packets
Capture a web session to www.goo
Q1. What five questions typically are used in fact finding? What other question does the
Zachman Framework include? Is the additional question important?
Five questions typically asked in fact finding are:
Who: Who is going to perform the task? And Why?
Q4. List the eight main rules for user interface design. How would you rank them in order
of importance? Explain your answer.
1. User friendly interface.
2. Enhance productivity
3. Provide users with help and feedback
4. Create an attractive layout and de
1. Object-oriented analysis is an approach that allows analysts to view objects as individual items
and to see how they function and interact. The objects that are represented by object-oriented
analysis maybe people, things, transactions, and events. Som
The system requirement where all transactions must have audit trails would fall under which system
What technique involves graphical methods and nontechnical language that represent the sys
When developing duration estimates, project managers consider four factors: project size, human
resources, constraints, and which of the following?
experience with similar projects
Which project leade
4. The eight main rules of the user interface design are:
1. Create an Interface that is easy to learn and Use.
2. Enhance the productivity of users
3. Providing Users with feedback and Help
4. Create an Attractive Layout and Design
5. Enhance the Interfa
An online software and data environment in which applications and services are accessed and used
through an Internet connection rather than a local computer describes which of the following terms?
2. DBMS or database management system is an assembly of tools, features, and interfaces that
allow users to add, update, manage, access, and analyze data. The components of DBMS include:
users, database administrators, related information systems, a data
1. During systems implementation the first task that is involved is the development of the
application. During the development of the application the program is constructed and code
modules are created to serve as the building blocks of the information sy
1. The four types of systems maintenance are:
a. Corrective maintenance which is performed to fix errors within a system. Two examples
of corrective maintenance are replacing faulty network cabling and updating drivers.
b. Adaptive maintenance enhances pr
1. The five questions that are typically used for in fact-finding include: who? What? Where?
When? How? The Zachman Framework allows people to see the answer to the question why.
The Zachman Framework allows people to see a visual of who, what, where, whe
Which of the following terms best describe a logical model that shows the object classes and
relationships involved in a use case?
When objects within a class can be grouped int
1. Which Systems Development Method stresses intense team-based effort and breaks
development into cycles that add functionality?
2. Customer order processing, accounts receivable systems, and warranty claim
processing are examples
Which of the following maintains consistency among a set of DFDs by ensuring that input and output
data flows align properly?
A graphical representation of the conditions, actions, and rules found in a d
A context diagram is an upper level view of an information system that displays the systems
boundaries and scope. A context diagram zooms in on the system and displays key internal
processes, data flows, and data stores. Data store symbols
Subject: Research on other IT Firms
I did some research on some other IT firms in the local area and here are four that stood out to me:
1. Date: 2/11/15
Subject: Logical model of TIMS
Below is the information you requested concerning object modeling the JAD session summary. If you
have any questions or concerns
1. If I had to rank the items in the architecture checklist from the most important to the least
important I would rank Initial and total cost of ownership (TCO) as the most important because it
would allow a company to predict the ongoing support and mai
1. The concept of software as a service is a way in which retailer or merchants deliver applications
over the Internet as a service. Software as a service reduces the customers chances of having
issues with software maintenance, operation, and support. I