1. mega-firm Pg. 3 A firm that employs more than 1,000 attorneys and has branch offices
throughout the world.
2. cybercrimes Pg. 4 Crimes committed on the internet, including hacking and fraud.
3. cyber tort Pg. 4 Actions or damages resulting fr
1. What is the purpose of a system?
- Pg. 376 The purpose of a system is to streamline a task so that members of the legal
team do not do unnecessary work, waste firm resources, or make a mistake.
2. What are a systems goals?
- Pg. 376 The goal
1. The advent of what two professions changed the traditional law firm?
- Pg. 44 The advent of the paralegal and legal administrator has changed the traditional
2. For what reasons were the paralegal and legal administrator professions
1. What four things determine the structure and organization of a law office?
- Pg. 2 The four things that determine the structure and organization of a law office are
size, specialty, management style, and form.
2. How is the size of a law offi
1. rainmaker Pg. 45 An attorney responsible for client development for a firm.
2. equity partner Pg. 46 A partner who is entitled to a portion of the firms profits and is
responsible for a portion of the firms losses.
3. nonequity partner Pg. 46
1. telephone tag Pg. 377 A situation in which someone leaves a message for a person
who is unavailable, and then is unavailable when the person returns the call.
2. substantive microsystem Pg. 378 A system of providing legal services to a firm.