Stressor: Death in the family
1. Visualization: Go back to a time where you were the happiest with that person or have a
really nice dream to calm you down.
1. One sent fake patients in and showed how hard it was to leave. Next, he warned about
patients that never came, showing bad employees.
- How do we define, diagnose, and classify mental disorders?
- At what point does sad become depressed?
It is very normal for women to feel depressed after
having a child. Mothers should however seek help if
symptoms of Postpartum Depression are occurring.
This PowerPoint will show all sides of Postpartum
Stress Management Worksheet
1. Briefly describe the stressful situation you would like to work on.
When I am in a room with two people who are arguing. It makes me super uncomfortable
and makes me really stressed.
2. What are the signals or physical sympt
Read and Reflect Chapter 7 PSY 150
The following questions are traditionally used on tests that assess creativity.
1. List all of the uses you can for a paper clip.
Xmas Ornament Holder
Erik Eriksons Psychosocial Stages
1. Trust vs. Mistrust (Birth to One)
Warmth, affection, and consistency of care lead to a positive, secure attachment with the primary
caregiver (usually the mother). Inadequate care results in fear and mistrust. Since th
PSY 150 Personality Assessment Activity
1. Please complete the three personality tests listed below
a. The Big 5 Personality Test
Once you complete your test and are giv
WCC PSYCHOLOGY 150- MOTIVATION
MASLOWS HIERARCHY - APPLIED
Description: In 1943 Abraham Maslow, one of the founding fathers of the humanistic
approach to psychology, wrote an influential paper that set out five essential human needs
and their hierarchical
PSY 150 WCC Fall 2016
Sensation and Perception Assignment
Part One: Read and Reflect Assignment
Marketers, social media, TV, ect use knowledge of Sensation and Perception principles in
their advertisements, store displays, commercials, and social media si
PSY 150 G ENERAL PSYCHOLOGY
CRASH COURSE VIEWING GUIDE
Video 1: Nervous System
1. Neurons bundled together form _.
2. Nerves are pathways that _.
3. The nervous system is divided into two parts: the central nervous system and peripheral.
4. What is the ma
PSY 150 Chapter 8 R & R
Schema describes a pattern of thought or behavior that organizes categories of information and the
relationships among them.
Assimilation we take in new information or experiences and incorporate them into our existing idea
Why is cell signaling interesting and
1. Cell signaling tells cells when to divide, when to stop
dividing, and how much to grow.
2. Cancer is caused by defects in cell signaling
3. The immune system tracks down pathogens using
An example of a generic signaling pathway
Types of receptors
Channel linked receptors
G-protein coupled receptors
Enzyme linked receptors
Categories of Cellular Receptors
Categories of Cellular Receptors
Cell cycle Chapter 17 1053-1070
Lecture by David O. Morgan UCSF on cell cycle
The Cell Cycle
Cells arise from other cells.
Human adults make many millions of cells every
Certain characteristics of cell
Statistics for the Biological,
Environmental, and Health Sciences
Course Policies and Syllabus
Lelys Bravo de Guenni
Baskin Engineering 357B
459-5311 (email is preferred)
1) The glycosaminoglycan polysaccharide chains that are linked to specific proteins to form the
proteoglycan components of the basal lamina are highly negative charged. How do you suppose these
negatively charged polysaccharide chains help to establish a
1) When adrenaline binds to adrenergic receptors on the surface of a muscle cell,
it activates a G protein, initiating a significant pathway that results in breakdown
of muscle glycogen. How would you expect glycogen breakdown to be affected if
Bio 110, problem set 6
1) Dynamic instability causes microtubules either to grow of to shrink rapidly.
Consider an individual microtubule that is in its shrinking phase.
A) What must happen at the end of the microtubule in order for it to
1) Correct the following description as necessary.
Sar1 protein is a COPII-recruitment GTPase that facilitates the unidirectional
transfer of COPII vesicles from the ER membrane to the Golgi membrane. A
unique directionality is im
Bio 110, problem set 4
1) Describe the events that occur when an mRNA has a signal sequence. Start with
the mRNA being translated by ribosomes in the cytosol (1) and end with the
protein being bound by chaperone BiP in the endoplasmic reti
Bio 110, problem set 4
1) Describe the events that occur when an mRNA has a signal sequence and encodes
a soluble protein (i.e. with no transmembrane domain). Start with the mRNA being
translated by ribosomes in the cytosol (1) and end wit
Professor Hinck Bio 110, problem set 3
1) Order the molecules on the following list according to their ability to diffues through a lipid bilayer, beginning with the one that crosses the bilayer most readily. Explain your answer.
1. Ca+ 2. CO2 3. Ethanol
Bio 110, problem set 2
1) Draw in detail a basic phospholipids and describe how phospholipids arrange
themselves in the lipid bilayer. Think about a lipid and about what would happen to
the bi-layer if parts of the lipid were modified i.e.
Bio 110, problem set 1
1) You are running gel-filtration chromatography and below is your elution profile. Which
protein is the smallest?
Bovine serum albumin
Prompts for Soc 10 Final Exam
SHORT ANSWER I will choose three of the following questions for the exam. Of
these, you will answer two, in 1-2 paragraphs each.
1. Discuss the three aspects of social facts for Durkheim, and a fourth aspect that