ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #5
1. Explain the problem of getting an accurate weight on animals in a growth trial. Why is it a
problem, in which animals is this the biggest problem, and how do we correct for it?
It is difficult to obtain an accurate weig
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #9
1. How does an amino acid differ chemically from a simple carbohydrate like glucose? In their
purpose in the body?
Chemically, the composition of amino acids and simple carbohydrates differs in that amino acids
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #7
1. Explain why there is very little carbohydrates found in the body of a living animal.
Less than 1% of carbohydrates are found in the body of a living animal because the excess carbs
after the animal meets its daily energ
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #3
1. What is the point of feedstuff analysis?
Feedstuff analysis involves evaluating nutrient composition, palatability, digestibility, productive
value, and physical characteristics, which can be used to make economic compa
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #8
1. Explain the significance of glycerol to the structure of a triglyceride.
Glycerol is the alcohol component of all triglycerides that are common in animals and plants and
is also a component of phosphatides, including le
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #10
1. Describe the relative strengths and weaknesses of DE, TDN, ME, and NE.
Digestible energy (DE)
o Strengths - DE can measure the amount of energy lost in the feces. It ha been
found that energy loss increases with the in
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #6
1. Presume that your cattle herd is not drinking much water. It is your job to discover why.
Develop a step-by-step plan for troubleshooting the problem. Describe what steps you would
take at each point in your plan if you
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #1
1. Define nutrition in your own words.
Nutrition is the study of the process by which living organisms take in food to aid in growth,
tissue repair and replacement, and production.
2. How do plants provide the essential li
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #4
1. Explain why ruminants, cecal fermenters, and monogastrics have such different abilities for
Ruminants have a more complex stomach, in which there is more than one stomach
compartment. This allows them
ANSI 3543E Writing Assignment #2
1. Compare and contrast the definition of ration with that of diet.
Diet is the quality of feed stuffs that supplies nutrients to an animal. Ration is the quantity of
daily feed stuffs. Both diet and ration deal with the f