Chapter 21 Nucleophilic addition to carbonyl groups
1) What is the correct name of the following molecule?
2) Which of the following is neither an aldehyde nor
Chapter 20 Introduction to Carbonyl Chemistry
1) Which of the following compounds gives 3-methyl-2-butanol upon reduction with LiAlH4?
2) Which of the following products is formed in good yield by the reduction of methyl 4
Chapter 18 Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution
1) The best sequence to use to form propylbenzene from benzene is
A) FriedelCrafts alkylation using 1-chloropropane and aluminum trichloride.
B) FriedelCrafts acylation followed by reduction.
Ch:apier 17 AromatIdty
1) Wtha Is the correct narrie o the following molecule?
2) What Is the correct name of the following molecule?
Chapter 16 Conjugation, Diels-Alder
1) How many pi () electrons are present in the allyl cation?
2) Consider the following carbocations and their resonance hybrids. Which is the MOST stable carbocation?
Org. Chem. II 3216
1) Provide the structure of the major organic product in the following reactions. Show the stereochemistry if
necessary. (a,b,c are 1 pt, d is 2 pts)
2) What diene and dienophile are used in the Diels-Alder rout