Management Labor Relations
Workers state the didnt deserve the lockout
Average union worker was receiving
approximatly $40,000 per year
American took aim at the workers
Joined an employer offensive
American Crystal w
AMERICAN CRYSTAL SUGAR
NOVEMBER 7, 2016
The American Crystal Sugar Company is the largest beet sugar producer in
the United States. The company has made large profits in recent years as the sugar
prices rose als
465 Chapter 4 Quiz
1. Which of the following is not a goal of U.S. labor law? A. To balance efficiency, equity, and voice.B. To
strike a balance between property rights and labor rights.C. To create a peaceful means for settling labo
Labor Relations Exam 1, Chapters 1-4
1. When an employer allows supervisors to arbitrarily discipline employees without cause, it is
most directly violating which objective of the employment relationship? A. Efficiency.B. Equity.
Chapter 1 Assignment
September 5, 2016
Labor Day in the U.S.
I found the article very interesting. I remembered only a small amount about why Labor Day
was actually created, and I find it sad that its become such a weekend to d
465 Chapter 3 Quiz
Student: i ZQb-QQ (LZQ+ _
1. In the earliest years of our country's formation, work was characterized as:
A. Skilled industrial jobs.
B. Craft workers employed by factories and shop owners.
elf-employed farmers, shopkeepers and craftsma
465 Chapter 2 Quiz
1. The conditions associated with the "labor problem" were made possible in part due to a prevailing
management attitude that labor was: A. A valued resource that should be carefully managed.B. An
September 18, 2016
Chapter 3 Assignment
2. How are the lyrics of Solidarity Forever (p. 81) consistent with the IWWs beliefs? How is it
ironic that todays mainstream unions have adopted this song as their
Instructions: Within each category, match the following union organizations to the appropriate
responses. To get you started, the Philosophical Statements by Leaders are already matched (p. 3).
The Rise of National Union
Organizations in th