The difference between bright-field and fluorescence microscopy is
that one views the light passing through the sample and the other actually looks at light
emitted from the sample.
the type of magnifying lens used in the microscope.
that in one the sampl
Biol 341 Group problems 1-17-17
Manager Sydney Hagen_ Recorder Tia Green Skeptic _
1. (7) The four molecules shown below contain the seven most common chemical groups in biology.
Most molecules in the cell are built from these functional groups. N
Biol 341 Group problems 2-1
Manager Sydney Hagen_ Recorder Tia Green Skeptic Karen Armstrong
1. (2) Suppose you have a substrate for an enzyme that has been modified so that it binds to the
enzyme, but cant be converted into the product. What eff
Biol 341 Group problems 1-25a
Manager Sydney Hagen Recorder _ Skeptic _
1. (3) Answer the following questions based on the molecule shown below.
a. How many carbon atoms does the molecule have? 20
b. How many hydrogen atoms does it have? 30
Biol 341 Group problems 1-25
Manager Sydney Hagen Recorder Tia green Skeptic Karen Armstrong
1. (3) Define the equilibrium constant for a reaction. How could you experimentally determine the
K= the ratio of substrate to product at eq
Biol 341 Group problems 2-6
Manager Sydney Hagen Recorder Tia Green Skeptic _
Sucrose is formed by making a covalent bond between glucose and fructose. At standard
conditions G = +5.5 kcal/mole. Is this reaction by itself favorable or unfavorable at standard
depends on what enzyme is present
Which DNA fragment would take the highest temperature to
separate the two strands?
As a strand of DNA is replicated, a polymer of nucleotides is made by forming covalent b
Biol 341 Group problems 1-30
Manager Sydney Hagen Recorder _Tia Green Skeptic _Karen Armstrong
1. (4) On the basis of the two reactions below, select which of the following statements are true and
which are false. If a statement is false, explain