2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
Study Sheet #8 FINAL EXAM What part of the lungs receives the greatest blood flow at rest? What part receives the best ventilation at rest? How does blood flow and ventilation changes during exercise? What happens
1. What is the law of specific nerve energies? Be able to name the five types of receptors. Each receptor that you have in your body was designed to transmit one type of sensation. It monitors 1 thing: 1. Mechanoreceptors a. Receptor undergoes mechan
1. Review the major ionic composition of the ECF and ICF. ECF ICF Na+ 250 K+ (Cation) Cl250 Phosphates (Anion) (PO4 or HOP4) Proteins (Anion) 2. What is a membrane potential? What factors contribute to the development of a membrane potential? Membran
1. Be able to label a kidney sectioned in the frontal plane. Be able to label the parts of the nephron. -See Diagram Renal Artery Renal Vein Cortex Outer 1/3 of the kidney Medulla Middle 1/3, pinkish, renal pyramids here Renal Pyramids Found in me
1. Be able to identify the following parts of a skeletal muscle diagram: a. Sarcomere The structural subunit of a myofibril in a striated muscle; equal to the distance between two successive Z lines. b. Actin Filament A structural protein of muscle
1. Define Homeostasis: The dynamic constancy of the internal environment, the maintenance of which is the principal function of physiological regulatory mechanisms. The concept of homeostasis provides a framework for understanding most physiological