ENGL 120: Community-Based Proposal Argument
Context: In response to the local communitys concerns about the controversial legacy of Christopher
Columbus, on October 12th, 2015 the Fargo City Commission abolished Columbus Day as a city-observed
ENGL 120: Portfolio Project
For this project, you will compile a portfolio of your writing and revisions for this course, as well as reflections on
the English 120 learning outcomes. To receive a grade for this assignment, the portfolio should include the
Power and Load
1. List items that give you Power and Load
2. Rate each one (low = 1, high = 5)
(a) 12345 (a) 12345
(b) 12345 (b) 12345
(c) 12345 (c) 12345
(j) 12345 (j) 123457
Total + =
Power Load Margin
Proposal Outline (Based on the text book version)
State the Topic (Tell your readers what the proposal is abut)
State the purpose
Provide background information
Stress the importance of the topic to the readers
Thesis statement (To addres
HNES 100: Group Exercise Class Log
General Assignment Description:
The goal of this make-up assignment is to provide students with an opportunity to experience the wellness center on
NDSUs campus. You are required to participate in a minimum of o
Writing this paper really helped me learn more about my partner. At first it was really
intimidating to me because I never have been the best at writing papers. While conducting interviews in
class I found it hard to really describe
Mrs. Kay Hopkins
My goals for my life in 5 years from now is that I want to be out of college and graduated. My
goal is that I will have found a good job that makes enough money where I can live
Classification & Assessment
1. Understand what prevalence means. How does lifetime prevalence differ from past-year
prevalence and point-prevalence? How does prevalence differ from incidence?
2. What does etiology mean?
3. What does efficacy mean?
Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
1. Know the gender differences for each of the psychotic disorders.
2. Understand how schizophrenia and DID are not the same thing.
3. Know the phases/stages of schizophrenia.
4. Understand the differences between pos
1. What differentiates personality disorders from most other disorders?
2. What are the 3 clusters of personality disorders?
3. What is paranoid personality disorder? In what gender is it most common?
4. What is schizoid personality
1. What is anxiety? How are anxiety and fear reactions different?
2. Know the gender differences for each of the anxiety disorders.
3. What is a panic attack? Understand the different types of panic attacks (expected, unexpected)
1. Which mood disorders are unipolar and which are bipolar? What does that mean?
2. What are the criteria for a major depressive episode? Be sure to understand what each criterion
3. What are the criteria for major depressive disorde
Introduction to Abnormal Psychology
1. What is the definition of a mental disorder? Be sure to understand what each component of the
2. What was the very early understanding of the causes for and treatment of mental illness?
1. What is dissociation?
2. Know the gender differences for each of the Dissociative disorders.
3. Know the diagnostic criteria for Depersonalization/Derealization disorder.
4. What is the treatment for depersonalization/derealizati
1. Know the gender differences for each of these disorders.
2. Know the diagnostic criteria for OCD. Understand the differences between obsessions and
3. Understand the relevant biological and psychological etio
Developmental, Disruptive, and Impulse Control Disorders
1. What are the criteria for intellectual disability? In what gender is it most common?
2. What are the degrees (specifiers) of intellectual disability?
3. Understand the etiology of intellectual di
1. What were the degeneracy theory and abstinence theory with regard to the history of
2. What does current research suggest about homosexuality, in terms of causal factors and
inclusion as a mental disorder? In what gender is
Somatic Symptom Disorders
1. Know the gender differences for each of the somatoform disorders.
2. Know the diagnostic criteria for Illness Anxiety Disorder.
3. Know the relevant psychological etiological factors for Illness Anxiety Disorder.
4. How is Ill
Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
1. Know the diagnostic criteria for PTSD. Understand what is actually meant by all of the
2. Know the diagnostic criteria for Acute Stress Disorder. Understand how they differ from
PTSD (e.g., time duration
Random Sampling and Probability Problems
First, lets look at a series of problems employing the multiplication and addition rules as well as some that sample
with and without replacement. For each of these problems, attempt to work them out before you l
Practice Problems and Their answers Call with Questions
For the following problems assume the Null Hypothesis Populations are normally
1. What is the critical value for z for each of the following alpha levels?
Chapter 13 Study Guide
I. Use of the t test indicated when:
The mean of the null Hypothesis population can be specified
Standard deviation is unknown (which also means the z test cannot be used)
II. Sampling Distribution of t
A. Definition: the sampling
1-Sample t-tests (Part 1)
This handout will walk through a practice 1-sample t-test problem. I have included a rather lengthy SPSS tutorial at
the end for further illustrations (and to show you that my math isnt all that bad!)
I have worked with other sta
Quiz 2 Fall 2015 Psych 541 Online 25 points
1. A certain university maintains a colony of male mice for research purposes. The ages of the mice
are normally distributed with a mean of 60 days and a standard deviation of 5.2. Assume you randomly sampl
Psychology 541 Online Advanced Univariate Statistics Quiz 3 Fall 2016 sec 02
1. Assume the binomial distribution is appropriate. If N = 6 and P = 0.50, the probability of getting
exactly 5 P events = ?.
2. A cat lo
Quiz 1 Fall 2016-Indicate the correct answer key
Which of the follow correlations indicated the strongest relationship between two variables?
2. Consider the following experiment which was designed to examine the effects
Quiz 4 Fall 2016-Key
1. A 9th grade high school teacher is interested in determining whether the students in her classroom
are any better or worse at reading comprehension than the average 9th grade high school student.
She samples 25 students from her cl
Psyc 541 section 02 Quiz 5 Fall 2016 Key
_b_ 1. Student's t test for correlated groups really reduces to _.
a. the sign test
b. Student's t test for single samples using difference scores
c. Students t test for independent groups
d. none of the