Schmalke_IS3340T_Unit 2_Assignment 1
1. Windows access controls implementation should be based on groups to save time.
However, it may be wise to block the floor manager from accessing HR files, and block
the HR manager from accessing shop floor files. Th
Schmalke Unit 10 Assignment 1
1. What action initiates a program change or a new program?
a. The last one fails or becomes outdated
2. Who approves new or changed programs?
a. CEO, project manager ect
3. What information is necessary to evaluate a new or
Schmalke_IS3340T_Unit 1_Lab 2
Access Control List Work Sheet:
Access Control Requirements
Access Control Implementation
Prevent unauthorized users from logging onto
Password access, Expiration of password, Create
another persons user account.
Schmalke_IS3340_Unit 5_Lab 5
1. The other available password policy options are Enforced Password History,
Maximum Password Age, Minimum Password Age, and Store passwords using
2. Yes the Store Passwords using reversible encryption
1. A role would need to be installed before you install a feature on the server. For
instance if you install IIS you can install the features of the IIS Role.
2. When you install the Windows Server Backup Feature the Windows Server
Schmalke_IS3340_Unit 4_Lab 4
1. A virus, worm, and malicious code have in common is that they all attack your computer,
from being downloaded from a site. A virus a software program that attaches itself to or
copies itself into another program. A worm is
Schmalke_IS3340T_Unit 1_Lab 1
1. Integrity the folders were tested to ensure security so that unauthorized users cannot
access the folder. Confidentiality the folders and data were secure so that no other
department would be able to access the other depar
Schmalke_IS3340T_Unit 3_Lab 3
1. The administrator has the rights to the EFS features and functions on the server.
2. The 3 modes of access control that bitlocker use are transparent operation mode, User
authentication mode, and USB key mode.
3. USB key m
Operating System on a Server
Access Control in Linux
Install a Core Linux
Identifying Layers of
Components Security Strategies in Linux Platforms and Applications:
Books, Professional Journals
Please use the following authors names, book/article titles and/or keywords to search in the ITT
Tech Virtual Library for supplementary information to augment your learning in this subject:
Institute for Security and Open Methodologies (ISECOM)
This Web site provides certification, training support, project support services, and practical
methods on security and integrity.
http:/www.isecom.org/osstmm/ (accessed June 1, 2010)
Figure 1 ISS Cisco Core Backbone Network
The following lists the core ISS VM server farm and VM workstation OS, applications,
and tools required for this course for both onsite and online course deliveries:
Figure 2 ISS Core VM Server Farm & VM Workst
Schmalke Unit 9 Assignment 1
1. What are the main concerns when collecting evidence?
a. Traceing, backup, preservation
2. What precautions are necessary to preserve evidence state?
3. How do you ensure evidence remains in its initial state?
Schmalke Unit 8 Assignment 2
1. What functions should this software application provide?
a. Guide administrators in developing procedures to ensure all client and server
software is an secure as possible
2. What functions should this software application
Schmalke_IS3340T_Unit 2_Assignment 2
To implement and evaluate an access control change:
Log into Domain Controller with Administrator credentials.
2. Press the start button and go to administrative tools, then select Active Directory Users
Schmalke_IS3340_Unit 4_Assignment 1 Identifying Types of Malware Infection
1. You notice that your computer is getting slower each day. You have terminated unneeded
programs, disabled unneeded services, and have recently defragmented the disks. Your
Schmalke_IS3340_Unit 4_Assignment 2 Malware Policy Procedure Guide
1. What does malware free mean?
a. No malware present or installed by a particular software
2. How can a user demonstrate that their computer or device is malware free?
a. Logs, antivirus/
Schmalke_IS3340_Unit 3_ Upgrade Exercise on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Elements
Public and Private encryption
Schmalke_IS3340_Unit 3_ Assignment 2 communication Policy Procedure Guide
1. Action: Conduct testing actions to determine if you can gain access as an authorized
user, Conduct testing actions to determine if you can gain access as an un-authorized
Schmalke_IS3340T_Unit 6_Assisgnment 1
1. How much data has been modified between the last backup and the time of failure?
a. None if working off a normal work day
2. What images are necessary to recover the workstation?
a. Base image and last backup
Schmalke_Unit 6 Discussion 1: Minimizing Recovery Time Strategies
Weekly full server backups with daily incremental backups
o Less time consuming, high redundancy, low risk of data loss
Daily full server backups
o Massive time consuming and network resour