15SS_IT1081C001 Assignment Eight
Due April 30, 2015 @ 6:00pm
80 points (double assignment)
Outcome 5, IT1081C System Administration
Install and configure (on your own) the following:
Linux server without a GUI configured with Samba and Apac
15SS_IT1081C Assignment Five
Due Tues March 10, 2015 @ 9:30 am
1. Using the reboot command, restart your CentOS server. Paste a screen shot from
your system restarting here.
2. Once youve logged back in, run the history command and paste a screen shot of
15SS_IT1081C001 Assignment Six
Due March 26, 2015 @ 9:30am
1. Disable firewalld in CentOS 7 and revert to iptables. Paste a screen shot here
showing that iptables is scheduled to start at boot.
(Note: Expect to spend a fair amount of time on this step. Th
15SS_IT1081C001 Assignment Four
Due Feb 10, 2015 @ 9:30am
1. Configure the colors and scroll back buffer in Putty and paste a screen shot here.
2. Log on to your Linux VM using Putty and the account you created in Assignment
Two. Paste a screen shot here.
15SS_IT1081C (001) & (004) Assignment Three
Due Feb 3, 2015 @ 9:30am
1. Run the history command to display to the screen every command youve executed on your
2. Using the head command, including any required switches, display the to
15FS_IT1081C Exam One Study Guide
1. To prepare for the first exam, Id review the following chapters and pages in your textbook:
a. Chapters 1 -2 even though were using CentOS and not Fedora or Ubuntu, the
installation steps and screen shots will likely b