ACEEE American Council for Energy Efficient Economy
ADA Americans with Disabilities Act
ADAAG Americans with Disabilities Accessibility Guidelines
ASTM American Society of Testing and Materials
BDI Biomass Density Index
BEES Building for Environmental and
NOTES: VEHICLES THROUGH WETLANDS
1. Vehicles that have reduced emissions and/or high fuel-efficiency: are
vehicles that are either classified as Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) by the
California Air Resources Board or that have achieved a minimum green score
NOTES: STAKES AND VEGETARIANS
1. Stakeholders: may include, but are not limited to, the following: neighbors
(e.g., residential, commercial, industrial, institutional-education, religious,
government, non-profit), interest groups (e.g., growth management,
1. Principles and goals: are defined as follows: principleguiding
overarching concept; goalobservable and measurable end result having one or
more objectives to be achieved within a more or less fixed time frame.
2. Program plan: is a narrative
1. On-going consumables: are materials that are regularly used and replaced
through the course of business. These materials can include, but are not limited
to, paper, glass, plastics, cardboard, and metals.
2. Open-grid pavement: is pavement
Graywater: is domestic wastewater composed of wash water from kitchen,
bathroom, and laundry sinks, tubs, and washers.
1. Greenfield: is a site that has not been previously developed or graded,
including previous agricultural fields.
1. Control of Invasives: is the appropriate eradication, suppression, reduction,
or management of invasive species populations, prevention of the spread of
invasive species from areas where they are present, and taking steps such as
1. Average buffer width: can be calculated using perpendicular transects
every 50 feet along a water body for at least 90 percent of the stream or
shoreline length within the boundaries of the site. For final average buffer
widths, a minimum b
Lowest-cost comparable item: is the most inexpensive item that provides a
desired function (such as light emittance) for the site. For example, the lowestcost light bulb that meets the sites lumen requirements (whether it be
BLWR = ET0 x A x Cu
ET0 = Average reference evapotranspiration for the sites peak watering
A = Area of irrigated landscape in square feet (area designed with permanent
Cu = Conversion factor (.6233 for re
Salvage: is the recovery of materials from existing sites for reuse on other sites.
1. Salvaged materials: are construction materials recovered from existing
buildings or sites and reused on-site.
2. Schematic design: is the concept and basic