February 25, 2014
Grammar & Mechanics Chapter 9 p 324
1. Did you already respond to his request for a recommendation?
2. The principal part of the managers response contained a compliment and
3. In responding to the irate cust
February 1, 2015
Chapter 7 Grammar & Mechanics p 240-241
1. Employees were asked not to use the companys computers to stream video.
2. Jamess blog discussed the overuse of the Reply All button. (Guide 32)
3. Would you please give me
February 2, 2015
Grammar & Mechanics Chapter 6 p. 202
1. Companies find it difficult to name new products; consequently, they often hire
specialists. (Guide 27)
2. New product names must be interesting; however, many of the best names are
Chapter 11 Grammar & Mechanics p.416-417
1. One credible study revealed that 30 percent of jobs go to companies inside
2. Networking is said to be the key to finding a job; however, its easier said than
3. Some job se
Grammar & Mechanics Chapter 16
1. In interviewing job candidates, recruiters have the following three purposes:
assessing their skills, discussing their experience, and deciding whether they are a
good fit for the organization.
Chapter 8 Grammar & Mechanics CLUE
1. Our corporate vice president and president met with several directors on the
West Coast to discuss how to develop apps for Facebook. (Guides 41, 43, 39)
2. All Virgin Atlantic Airlines passengers m
Grammar & Mechanic Chapter 14 p 539
1. The CEOs assistant scheduled my colleague and me for a 20-minuute
presentation to explain the new workplace sustainability initiative.
2. PowerPoint presentations, claims one expert, should be no l
Grammar & Mechanics Chap 15 p. 584
1. When searching for jobs, candidates discovered that the resume is more likely to
be used to screen candidates than for making hiring decisions.
2. Todays employers use sites such as Facebook to lea
January 27, 2015
Chapter 4 Grammar & Mechanics p.148
1. A face-to-face conversation is richer communication channel than an e-mail
or letter. (Guide 20)
2. Christie thought she had done well in her performance review. (Guide 19)
3. Team member
Grammar & Mechanics Chapter 12 p. 462
1. After our supervisor and she returned from their meeting at 2 p.m., we were able
to sort the customers names more quickly.
2. Six of the 18 workers in my department were released; as a result, w
Grammar & Mechanics Chapter 13 p.498
1. Our CEO and president both worked on the 30-page proposal, which was due immediately.
2. Managers in two departments [delete apostrophe] complained that their departments should
have been consulte
January 27, 2015
Chapter 5 p 174 Grammar & Mechanics
1. Informal research methods include looking in the files, talking with your
boss, and interviewing the target audience. (Guide 21, CmSer)
2. When you prepare to write any message, you need