1) Which of the following orbitals electrons would have the highest energy?
2) The Pauli Exclusion Principle states that
a. No more than two electrons can occupy a single orbital
b. The two electrons in an orbital have opposi
Lab Partners: Ana Dilillo, Jillian Spurlock
CHM 337 Section 8
TA: Erica Fatica
12 February 2016
Lab Report 1- Diels-Alder Reaction
The purpose of this experiment was to study the 1, 4 addition reaction involving Anthracene,
1) An alkyne has a carbon-carbon triple bond consisting of 1 sigma bond and _ pi bonds. The hybridization
of each of the carbons of the triple bond is_.
A) 1, sp3
B) 2, sp2
C) 2, sp
D) 3, sp
E) 2, sp3
1) Assuming no other changes, what is the effect of doubling only the concentration of the
alkyl halide in the above S 2 reaction?
A) no change
B) doubles the rate
C) triples the rate
D) quadruples the rate
E) rate is halved
2) Provide the structure of
Strategy guide Identifying meso compounds
These compounds can be some of the hardest to identify when practicing stereochemistry.
Here are some simple tricks to help in solving related problems.
I am going to show you one stereoisomer of 1,2-cyclopentandi
Worksheet 8 More nomenclature
1) Above are different 4-carbon alcohols. Match each structure to the respective common
a. Isobutyl alcohol
b. Tert-butyl alcohol
c. Sec-butyl alcohol
d. N-butyl alcohol
2) Which of the following compounds would have th
Worksheet #7 Nomenclature
1) Name the following compound using the IUPAC nomenclature.
2) What type of alkyl substituent is attache
Worksheet #6 Nomenclature
The above molecule is dopamine, a very interesting chemical. How could one describe its
2) What is the below molecules correct IUPAC (systematic) nomenclature?
Worksheet # 5 Acids and bases
1) What is the conjugate acid of CH3NH2?
b. CH3c. CH3NH3+
d. CH3NHe. CH3NH4+
2) What is the pH of a 0.1 M solution of hydrobromic acid (HBr)?
3) Which of the following is the strongest aci
SI Worksheet #2 Chapter 1
1) Draw the Kekule structure for ethanol (CH3CH2OH).
2) If I write CH4, what type of structure am I showing you?
3) Draw the Lewis dot structure for CH3CH2N2
4) If two in-phase 2s orbitals come into contact and form a bond, what
Pages 2-5 of this document include an example lab report with comments on the side that
highlight its important features. While you wont be expected to write at this level or in quite this
much detail, you should take careful consideration as to how the l