Winter Quarter, 2008
First Midterm Exam, Monday January 28
Student ID Number
Your answers to this exam are to
You are responsible for leading discussion during the days listed below. You will most likely have at least one
partner, and I encourage you to work together. The expectation of leading discussion is for you to provide
Chapter 2.7-8 Worksheet.SHOW ALL YOUR WORK!.PENCIL ONLY!
Tell whether the given ordered pairs are solutions of the inequality:
1. x > 7;(0,10), (8, 5)
2. 2 x y < 3;(0, 0), (2, 2)
Graph the inequality, show all work:
3. y < 3 x + 3
1. Of the same or similar nature or kind
2. The process in cell division by which the nucleus
3. Division into ordered groups or categories.
Chapter 5 Study Guide Show all WORK! NO LATE STUDY GUIDES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
1. Match the vocabulary word with the definition.
These are where the parabola crosses the
To get an answer i
up vote down vote
I wish to see
is a prime ideal. Can somebody give me a hint to
Edit: More generally, I wonder wether V(J), the
algebraic set given by the vanishing locus of J, is
Read the passage below and answer the following questions,
choosing the BEST answer.
1 After observing in countless documentaries, television
2 shows, editorial commentaries, obituaries, lyrics,
3 speeches, formal dinners, ceremonies, and tab
His _ appearence made many feel comfortable in his moral judgments.
He may not create _, but he can provide consistent and solid performance.
A. apparationsB. occupations
Words from Official SAT Study Guide Test 1
uncertainty; having 'mixed' feelings
unable to decide
short account of something interesting; story
undecided; having 'mixed' feelings
lack of energy or interest
give support to
concerned with the countryside and farming
cruel and unfeeling
5 High School Words
1. The use of words to express something different from and often
opposite to their literal meaning.
2. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary
information necessary for ce
1. Not interesting; dull:
2. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains
the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
3. A product of disintegration, de
1. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or
intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
2. A factor that determines a range of variations; a
3. To picture falsely; mi