Movie Analysis and Group dynamics
Remember the Titans it's a movie beast on true story happened in the early 1970s, and it about two schools in Alexandria Virginia integrate forming T.C. Williams High School. The Caucasian head co
1. Effective argumentation in groups
promotes critical thinking
2. Which of the following statements best describes a highly argumentative group member?
The member is less likely to be persuaded by others
3. The community should enact a curfew for all juv
1. According to your textbook, there are three dimensions of
diversity in every group. Which of the following dimensions
characterize the third (external) dimension?
Education, religion, and income
2. Oscar is very outgoing and tends to talk more than oth
1. According to your textbook, communication is a transactional process.
2. The linear model of communication is often referred to as the transactional model of communication.
3. The one-way model of communication is also known as the:
1. At the end of every month, a sales manager offers a cash bonus to the
most successful salesperson. What type of power is this leader using?
2. Ron tries to maintain strict control over the Spring Festival planning
committee. He insists on
1. You have just joined a newly formed group responsible for developing a recycling program for your
community. At first, group members are somewhat uncomfortable working with strangers. Which of
Tuckmans stages of group development is your group experien
1. If the word computer evokes a negative image of an increasingly complex software nightmare that
frustrates and infuriates you, what type of meaning is influencing your response to the word?
2. Which of the following is an example of an abst
Understanding Human Communication
Which element of human communication is represented in
the guiding principle: Adapt to the communication circumstances
1. The members of a civic associations committee on community safety
disagree on whether to install more expensive street lighting throughout
the development. What type of conflict is the group experiencing?
2. Which of the following statement
1. Which of the following reasons is sound justification for scheduling or
attending a group meeting?
Group input and interaction is critical.
2. According to the textbook, which of the following elements best
defines a group meeting?
1. Studies have found that listening occupies _ of a
college students communicating time.
more than 50 percent
2. Your group has invited an expert to speak about the American
Disabilities Act and its implications for an event the group is planning.
1. Which of the following answers represents an extrinsic reward?
Match the word or statement on the right with its BEST partner on the
A well-deserved promotion
2. Match the word or statement on the right with its BEST partner on the
1. As a decision-making method, voting works best when
there is no other way to break a deadlock.
2. Problem solving occurs when a group
develops a plan for reducing or eliminating the harmful effects of a
3. question of fact
asks whether somethi
Barb Catlin MHL 155 4-11-2008 A Brief Look at the Life of Johnny Cash and his Hit Single, "I Walk The Line."
Johnny Cash was a man of many different colors. Although his signature all black outfits would have you believe something different. Michael