Unit 7 Text Questions
1. What is the Vitruvian Man? Describe this piece of art, including who the artist was and why this
artwork is important.
The Vitruvian Man is a drawing of a human figure combined with geometry. It was created by
Leonardo da Vinci. T
Unit 7 Lab Questions
1. What are your impressions of the drawings in this exhibition?
I feel like Michelangelo was fascinated with the human body and drew pictures with different
2. How do the drawings compare to those of da Vinci that
Unit 6 Lab questions
1. How did art in Russia change after the conversion?
After the conversion art in Russia began to change into a Socialist Realism forms of art.
2. Describe Novgorod art. How is it different from or similar to Byzantine art?
Unit 2 lab questions
1. Describe three pieces of art found at the Louvre Museum. In your description, include which
type of art the piece is and identify at least one element of art that is used in it.
I found an Egyptian vase. The Egyptian vase is an exa
Unit 3 text questions
1. What is an art critique?
An art critique is an evaluation of art.
2. In an art critique, what is the "describe" step? What is included in this step of the art critique?
The describe step is giving a simple description of the art w
Unit 1 Text Questions
1. What is a commission? How does it differ from patronage?
Commission is when someone hires another person to create a piece of art.
Commission differs from patronage because patronage lets art become a
persons main occupation.
Unit 5 Text Questions
1. Describe two of the three column styles found in ancient Greek architecture.
There is Doric order and Ionic order. Doric order is the top of the column, which has a
rounded echinus at the top of the column joined to a square calle
Unit 5 lab questions
1. Describe this piece of artwork.
This artwork is a statue of a female body with wings. The base of the statue is the front end of a
ship. The statue is made of white Paros marble. It stands 18 feet, 3 inches tall.
2. How has the pie
Unit 6 Text Questions
1. What are lancet arches? Describe how and why they are used.
Lancet arches are pointed arches over long openings. They were grouped together with three or
five lancet arches together being common.
2. What are flying buttresses? Des
Unit 3 lab questions
1. Describe the Mona Lisa
The Mona Lisa is an oil painting. It is the worlds most famous painting. Mona Lisas famous smile
gives the painting fascinating ambiguity.
2. Describe three elements or principles of art found in the Mona Lis