An almost perfect citation of a journal article looks like this:
Waterhouse, Jim. (2012). Daily Rhythms of the sleep-wake cycle. Journal of Physiological
The correct way to cite this journal article looks like this:
Chapter 8 Worksheet
1. Name the molecule below, including any stereochemistry. Draw the
product(s) of an SN2 reaction with this and I- as the nucleophile. Now draw the
product(s) of an SN1 reaction with the original molecule and I- as the
Work and Energy Practice Questions
1. Calculate the work done in each of the scenarios below.
a) A person uses 1.00 x 102 N to move a 15.0 kg object 5.0 m along the floor
at a constant speed.
b) 1.00 x 102 N of force is used at an angle of 30.0o to the ho
Report Questions Experiment 7 Polymers
1. Some monomers polymerize to produce a polymer having centers of chirality. If there is no preference
for one configuration over another, the configuration of the centers will be random throug
Momentum Practice Questions
1. Find the momentum of a .
A. 60.0 kg person moving east at 9.0 m/s.
B. 1.0 x 103 kg car moving north at 20.0 m/s.
C. 4 x 101 kg person moving south at 2.0 m/s.
2. A car has 2.0 x 105 units of momentum. What would be the car's
Rotational Kinematics Guided Reading
Chapter 8, pages 206 to 214, Sections 8.1 through 8.3
1. What is the axis of rotation? The center of all circular paths defined by a single, straight line.
2. Define angular displacement (use the simpler definition, no
Prelab Experiment 8 Introduction to NMR
1. Define, explain, or give an example of the following:
a. Tetramethylsilane (TMS) as an internal standard (1 pt)
b. () delta-scale (1 pt)
c. Upfield shift (1 pt)
d. n + 1 rule (1 pt)
Sn1 or Sn2 Reactions?
STEP 1: THE STRUCTURE OF THE SUBSTRATE
Remember: the structure of the substrate is a very important consideration in determining if a reaction occurs by
an Sn1 or Sn2 mechanism.
What is the structure of the substrate? Determine this.