Are You Paying Too Much For That Acquisition?
1. What are the 5 basic types of synergies used to estimate the proper value of an
The true value of acquisition can be determined by intrinsic val
Week 14 Study Questions:
1. What are the five primary components of effective strategic leadership?
Effective Strategic Leadership; Determining Strategic Direction; Establishing
Balanced Organizational Controls;
In 1966, Richard Schulze, started a home and car stereo store called Sound of
Music. About four years later, his stores reached a million-dollar revenue mark.
Schulze was known for his managerial ability
Week 12 Study/Discussion Questions:
1. What is the purpose of organizational controls? What are the two primary types and how are
-Specifies the firms formal reporting relationships, procedures, co
W.L. Gore & Assoc. Case Analysis
1. Taking a Resource Based Model perspective, what are Gores primary tangible and
intangible resources? How are they managed/developed and what core
1. What is meant by red oceans versus blue oceans?
Red Ocean: Known market space; Many competitors; Fight for market share
(Cutthroat competition turns the ocean bloody)
Blue Ocean: Unknown market sp
Integrated Business Policy and Strategy
Week 10 Study/Discussion Questions:
1. What are the primary corporate governance mechanisms and why are they required?
-Ownership Concentration: relative amounts of stock owned by indivi
Michael Porter Article
What does Porter say regarding how to define an industry for effective
Industry structure drives competition and profitability, not whether an
industry produces a product or service, is emer
Big Bang Disruption
1. How do big bang disruptions differ from normal innovations and how do they
effect the traditional adoption curve?
Big bang disruptions differ from more traditional innovations not just in