Chapter 6 Review Answers
1. There are three components to an atom. The nucleus contains an equal number of protons and
neutrons. The protons carry a positive electrical charge; the neutrons have no electrical charge.
Negatively charged electrons circle th
Chapter 8 Review Answers
1. Building codes are designed to address fire safety through building construction and design. Fire
prevention codes are enforced by the fire department and focus on the fire safety as it relates to
building maintenance and use,
Chapter 7 Review Answers
1. a. NFPA 220
Type I fire-resistive
Type II noncombustible
Type III ordinary construction
Type IV heavy timber construction
b. NFPA 5000
Types I and II noncombustible
Types III, IV, and V combustible
2. a. Fire digit represents t
Chapter 9 Review Answers
1. A water source, a method to deliver the water to its final destination, a method to treat the
water, and a method to distribute the water to the individual customers.
2. A gravity system, a direct pumping system, or a combinati
Chapter 10 Review Answers
1. a. Unity of command means everyone answers to only one person.
b. Chain of command means all communication and decision making travels in an orderly fashion
up and down an interlinked chain.
c. Span of control means the organi
Chapter 11 Review Answers
1. Strategy is a broad-based plan for controlling an incident based on standard operating
procedures and focuses on life safety, incident stabilization, and property conservation. Tactics
involves the actual deployment of resourc
Chapter 12 Review Answers
1. The emergency manager must have exceptional oral and written communications skills,
organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate multidepartment and multiagency operations.
2. The four phases of emergency management ar