BUS 305 Chapter 9 Createdbyc|n901
1) E- commerce refers to the use of any Answer: FALSE
networking technologies to transact
2) Retail consumer e-commerce is still Answer: FALSE
grong at double-digit rates.
3) The Internet shrinks inforrmtion Ans
1. In general, the cost of hardware, software, and telecommunications for
building and operating a Web site has fallen by over 50 percent since 2000.
2. In the United States, m-commerce3
1. Two of the management challenges in developing global systems are listed in your text as
(1) managing the privacy concerns of different countries and (2)
1. Two of the three principal sources of poor system performance are 143
software bugs and errors and outdated standards.
hardware or facility failures and malware.
hardware or facility failures and poor input data quality.
poor input data quality and ins
1. Analytical CRM uses a customer data warehouse and tools to analyze customer data collected
from the firm's customer touch points and from other sources.354
2. A company's suppliers and the processes for managing relationships with them is th
1. A systems building approach in which the system is developed as successive versions, each
version reflecting requirements more accurately, is descri
ESS are specifically designed to serve which level of the organization?
2. Management information systems typically support nonroutine decision making.
What is the most important function
1. Which of the following industries has a low barrier to entry?
2. The interaction between information systems and organizations is influenced
primarily by the decision making of middle- and seniormanagers.
1. In a table for customers, the information about a single customer would reside in a single
2. A DBMS separates the logical and physical views of data.212
3. OODBMS are slower than relational DBMS.215
1. Improving the quality of high-value decision making by an executive will save an organization
far more money than improving the quality of lesser-value decisions made at a lower level.
are designed to allow meeting attendees to share
1. An example of a business using information systems to attain operational excellence is
Wal-Mart's RetailLink system. PG 13
the Mandarin Oriental hotel's customer-preference
Verizon's Web-based digital dashboard.
Apple Inc.'s iPod.
1. The development and use of methods to make computer systems resume their activities more
quickly after mishaps is called319
1. The Domain Name System (DNS) converts IP addresses to domain
2. IPv6 is being developed in order to261
update the packet transmission protocols for
create more IP addresses.
allow for different levels of service.
1. What type of knowledge management system did Canadian Tire implement in order to
improve the communications with dealers?
digital asset mana
1. Which type of software is created and updated by a worldwide community of programmers
and available for free? 187
2. Today most business firms have discontinued operating their legacy systems, replacing