Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Ethics in Selling Notes!
- the principles governing our behavior!
These principles establish appropriate behavior!
- What is ethical can vary from industry to industry!
- Ethical principles become increasingly important as
The Foundation of
a Healthy Vine and Quality
Tired of fallen or rusty clips?
Fallen clips can damage equipment
Re-install clip costs
Rusty clips are unsafe
Problems with complex clip
Vineyard Stake versus T-Post
To calculate savings, enter data into gold areas
Labor and Material
Current spacing - row
Current spacing- line
Number of stakes per ac
Role Play #1 Introduction/Information Gathering and Problem Identification (50 points)
Write a script for your group to present Role Play #1. This is an information gathering session for the Seller. You will
want to begin with an introduction, handshake a
BUYER: Come in!
SELLER: Hi. My name is Lois Kramer and I represent Five Star Talent Agency. Thank you for
letting me stop by today. (shakes hand)
BUYER: No problem. Please have a seat.
SELLER: Thank you, Ms. Brown. Heres a copy
Graphics and Charts
- Use current, accurate information!
- Dont place too much information on a visual!
- Dont overload the buyer with numbers!
- Clearly label each visual with a title!
- Recognize the emotional impact of colors and ch
- process of locating potential customers for a product or service!
Importance of Prospecting
- Salespeople must nd new customers to replace those that switch to competitors, go
bankrupt, move out of the territory, merge with nonc
- establishing connections to other people and then using those networks to generate
leads, gather information, generate sales, and so on!
Suggestions For Networking
- Call at least two people per day and go to at least one networki
Planning the Sales Call Notes!
Why Plan the Sales Call?
- The buyers time !
- The sellers time is valuable!
- Planning must t into the salespersons goal for the account!
Obtaining Precall Information
- The more information the salesperson has about the pr
Strengthening the Presentation Notes!
Characteristics of a Strong Presentation
- Keeps the buyers attention!
- Improves the buyers understanding!
- Helps the buyer!
- Offers proof of the salespersons assertions!
- Creates a picture in the buyers mind!
Sales Success and Knowledge Management!
- Adaptive selling forces the salesperson to practice the marketing concept.!
- It emphasizes the importance of satisfying customer needs.!
- Being adaptable increases buyer trust and commitment and re
Social Style Matrix!
- Popular training program that companies use to help sales people adapt their
- Adjust your behavior to mirror or match your customers social style!
Dimensions of Social Styes
Selling to Various Social Styles!
Examples of Social Styles
swift, efcient decision makers. !
focus on the present and appear to have little concern with the past or future!
focus on the future, directing their time and effort
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Intro to Selling Notes!
Why Learn About Personal Selling?
- A person-to-person business activity in which a salesperson uncovers and satises
the needs of a buyer to the mutual, long-term benet of both parties.!
The principles of s