1) Heart disease, cancer, strokes, and accidents.
2) Lost wages, medical expenses, insurance administration, fire related losses, property damage,
and indirect costs.
3) Motor vehicle, falls, poisoning, drowning,
1. In 1970 Congress passed the OSA Act with the following stated purpose: to assure so far as
possible every working man and woman in the nation safe and healthful working conditions and
to preserve our human resources.
2. According to the Departme
1. Refers to the values that are subscribed & fostered by society.
2. Attempts to apply reason in determining rules of human conduct
3. Morning-after test-how will I feel about this tomorrow. Front-page test-Will this embarrass you if
it was on the
1. Fairness to injured employees, especially those without the resources to undertake legal
actions that are often drawn out and expensive; reduction of costs to employers associated
with workplace injuries.
2. Replacement of income, rehabilitation