Ch. 6 Political System: Democracy (rule by the people; form of government in which all citizens have the right to vote)
Athenian Democracy (a pure form of democracy, all adult citizens vote directly on matters affecting the community)
9.1 Direct compensation encompasses employee wages and salaries, incentives, bonuses, and commissions. Indirect compensation comprises the many
benefits supplied by employers, and nonfinancial compensation includes employee recognition programs,
CPA Chapter 12 - Mgt310
After reading the chapter and the New York Times Article Report Faults Mine Owner for Explosion
That Killed 29 in MindTap, answer the following questions.
1. When OSHA was enacted in 1970, it was heralded as
CPA Chapter 11 Mgt310
1. Describe some of the ways employers have been trying to contain health insurance costs.
Employers have been trying to contain health insurance costs in a variety of ways. Employers
do this by offering their
CPA Chapter 14 Mgt310
1. Describe the steps in the traditional organizing drive.
2. Briefly discuss some of the aggressive organizing tactics that unions sometimes employ.
Some aggressive organizing tactics that unions do at times t
MGT 310 Chapter 15 CPA
1. In recent years, we have observed an increase in foreign production throughout the world.
What PEST factors would you consider to be most relevant to H&Ms HR managers when
trying to figure out if they shoul
3.1/3.2 Protected classes: Individuals of a minority race, women, older people, and those with disabilities who are covered by federal laws on equal
Bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ): Suitable defense against a d
3.1/3.2: Protected classes: Individuals of a minority race, women, older people, and those with disabilities who are covered by federal laws on
equal employment opportunity
Bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ): Suitable defense against a
CPA Chapter 16 Mgt310
After reading Chapter 16 and watching Video: High Performance Workplaces Challenges and
Benefits and the Ted Talk Tom Hulme: What can we learn from shortcuts? answer the following
1. What are the fun
Business Writing Checklist
First: Read the instructions carefully and follow them
The purpose is clear
Specific requests for action or information have been included (if applicable)
All information is accurate and complete
Content is described in,
Alpaca Farming Inc.
1101 Winchester Lane
Dallas, TX 75201
March 24, 2016
Mr. Curtis Sanchez
Owner, Small Farm
934 Grass Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Dear Mr. Sanchez:
Are you tired of goats tearing up your fields and biting your chi
A sentence is a group of words that has a subject and a verb and expresses a
complete thought. A complete thought generally will require a modifying or
descriptive clause or phrase.
Example: I bought a new car.
January 26, 2016
Marcia Metcalf, Business Communication Instructor
Written and Oral Communication Skills
My name is Carla Harrison; I am an accounting major at Northern Arizona University. I was born in
Dear Fleetwood Sport:
We would like to thank you for choosing our company to assist you in media advertising. We are
writing to inform you of the ratings of the new radio host in the time slots for your May and
June ads. After revi
Social behaviors differ greatly between the US and Kuwait, everything from
introductions to dining is a bit different than one may be used to. Arabic is the main language of
Kuwait, however most business is conducted in English as most learn it as a secon
January 12, 201_
FCB Business Communication Students
How to Write a Memo
Your professor has asked you to write a memo, which is a common form of written
communication in business. In order to perform this
MGT 350W Mock Interview Format
Mock interviews will last approximately 10 minutes per person (plus feedback) and will
be scheduled in groups of two students. This means each of you must plan about 40
minutes for your joint interview session. You w
Atlantic Premier Consulting, LLC is a full-service sales recruitment firm, specializing in
retaining business to business account managers and sales representatives. Atlantic
Premier Consulting, LLC was established in response to an ur
BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL ATTIRE WOMEN
Suit: Two-piece dark suit (matching skirt or slacks and jacket) is the safest choice. Avoid
dresses. Navy, charcoal, black, or dark brown (conservative colors) are good choices.
A. No pastel colors, faux fur, large plaid
CPA Chapter 1 Mgt300
1. There are many types of managers in an organization. They work at different levels in the
management hierarchy. Describe all of the types of managers in some type of hierarchical order
of your ow
CPA Chapter 4 Mgt300
1. Cultural intelligence is a person's ability to use reason and observation to interpret culturally
unfamiliar situations and know how to respond appropriately. Do you think it is important for
CPA Chapter 5 #1 Mgt300
1. The manager of a new research and development firm wants to ensure that all business
performed follows ethical practices. Compose a brief company policy statement that explains
the concept of
CPA Chapter 8 Mgt300
After reading LOs 1 and 3 and watching the On the Job Video Case at the end of the chapter,
answer the following questions.
1. Briefly describe the Boston Consulting Group matrix, including its dime
CPA Chapter 7 Mgt300
1. The goals that an organization chooses to adopt are defined by an individual or group.
Different individuals have different ideas about which goals are important to pursue. In your
CPA Chapter 10 Mgt300
1. Define span of management and explain if there is an ideal span of management.
Span of management is the number of employees reporting to a supervisor. This determines
how closely a supervisor c
CPA Chapter 3 Mgt300
After reading the chapter, answer the following questions.
1. Define the organizational task environment. List the four things this environment includes
that could influence an organization
CPA Chapter 5 #2 Mgt 300
After watching the two videos and reading the article (use the links included with the CPA
questions in BbLearn), answer the following questions.
1. Based on what you may know about Patagonia an
CPA Chapter 14 Mgt300
1. Why is self-awareness important for being a good manager? Can you think of some specific
negative consequences that might result from a manager with low self-awareness?
2. Describe Carl Jung's f
CPA Chapter 12 Mgt300
1. Define discrimination and affirmative action.
2. What are the three primary ways human resource management is changing?
3. One HR manager recently got a thank-you note on her iPhone that said Thx 4 the Iview