BIO 181- 001
September 29, 2016
Chapter 6 Outline: DNA and the Gene: Synthesis and Repair
1. Mandel examined heredity factors which came to be called genes, but no one knew what they
were for most of the 20th century.
September 9, 2016
Chapter 2 Inside the Cell
1. The two central types of cells are prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
a. Eukaryote cells have a membrane bound area called the nucleus.
b. Prokaryote cells do not have a
BIO 181 M/W/F 10:20
10 November 2016
Practice Exam #3
Compare meiosis and mitosis.
Define and describe the different ways to regulate and enzyme.
Define and explain Mendels laws.
Describe synapsis and how th
EUKARYOTIC CELL COMPONENTS
are in the membrane-bound
compartment of the
nucleus. The nucleus is
comprised of a nuclear
BIO 181 001
15 November 2016
Chapter 13 Outline
1. A carbohydrate, or sugar, are monomers called monosaccharides, small polymers called
oligosaccharides, and large polymers called polysaccharides.
a. The term monosaccharide mean
Austin Kaiser: BIO202 SI
Practice Exam 3: Respiratory System
1. During exercise, myocytes convert stored glycogen to glucose. This process is known as
2. Which of the follow
Biochemistry Worksheet #3
Chapter 8: Mechanisms and Inhibitors
1. Fill out the table regarding types of reversible inhibition and their affects on
kM and Vmax.
Type of Inhibition
2. Label the graph with the types of inhibition represe
BIO 375- Practice Exam #1 Spring2016
Dr. Fernando Monroy/ Kaylee Mueller
Multiple Choice: Answer the following multiple choice questions. Questions may have more than one correct answer or no correct
1. What is the leading cause of death in the Un
BIO 344 study guide for EXAM I 2015
1. Describe the phospho lipid bilayer
2. Know the 4 different parts of a phosphoplipid molecule like phosphotidyl choline.
3. Be able to name four different kinds of phospholipids
4. What is the difference be
Biochemistry Worksheet #2
Chapter 6: Basic Concepts of Enzyme Action
1. What are the six major classes of enzymes and what do they do?
2. An enzyme without a cofactor is referred to as a
3. An enzyme with a cofactor is referred to as a
Grand Canyon University
An Introduction to the world of Digital Metamaterials
This work is inspired by the austerity of electrical and digital structures; they
suggest to relate a similar idea to the concept of metam
LATIN TERMS that you will find very helpful in
Arthros = joint
Syn = together
Amphi = both sides
Dia = through
Planta = sole
In = into
Articulations of bones
Functions of joints
Hold bones together
Study Guide BIO 350 2015
1. Describe Covalent bonds, hydrogen bonds, ionic bonds and van der waals interactions
2. List these bonds in order of strength
3. Approximately how long are these bonds?
4. Describe how hydrogen bonds impact the structu
Testing Ideas, Finding the Truth, Making
Reality: In the beginning, people adapted to their
environment, like all other species, by doing what worked.
The people who didn't adapt died. Those who adapted left
descendants. Early people didn't know
Assignment # 1: Jumping to Conclusions (16 pts)
Compose your answers to the questions in a file with extension .rtf (rich text format) using a 12 pt
Times New Roman font within the margins of this assignment sheet. The point value of each
Assignment # 4: Obesity (16 pts)
Excess weight is one of the most accurate predictors of future health problems. Therefore, it is
critical for each person to know and maintain an ideal weight that is likely to avoid difficulties.
In addition, regu
An experiment tests a null hypothesis by examining the effect of a factor that is suspected of having an
influcence. There are at least two levels of the factor whose influence are measured: the amount of the
factor that should produce
Assignment # 3: Verification & Public Scrutiny (16 pts)
Question 1: The nature of light was debated by scientists as to whether it was composed of
waves or particles. Observations were the evidence that supported each point of view, but a
Hormones have a pervasive influence on the reproductive process. At menopause, there is a
drastic change in certain hormones in women. Such changes can have influences that affect more
aspects of a woman's life than repr
1 out of 1 points
The passage of time may be a confounding factor in testing a
treatment for neck pain because most episodes of neck pain subside
regardless of treatment. (Reference: link to "unanticipated influences" on the
main course conten
The tephritid fly Zonosemata vittigera has distinctive dark bands on its
wings. When disturbed, the fly holds its wings perpendicular to its body and
waves them up and down. Entomologists had noti
Making a good judgment, or coming to a good decision, involves two steps: 1) asking the right question; and,
2) recognizing the right answer.
Asking the Right Question
The null and alternative hypotheses focus your attention on the rele
Question: Does colored lighting influence the speed at which photosynthesis occurs?
Hypothesis: Because the light energy is now under the visible spectrum, then it will be
able to penetrate the cutlet