Date Assigned: April 27
Date Due: May 3
1. Amory and Hunter Lovins, Reinventing the Wheels.
2. Hyrbrid cars now, fuel cell cars later, that appeared in Science.
3. Chapter 2 (Tr
Date Assigned: Apr. 20
Date Due: April 26
1. Refer to Wolfson Chapter 4. Most of this material is now familiar, but are relevant
to our discussion of building energy.
2. Read Chap
Date Assigned: April 12
Date Due: April 19
1. Wolfson, Ch. 7 Nuclear Energy
2. John M. Deutch and Ernest J. Moniz, The nuclear option," (Scientific American,
Key Learning Goals
Global and US Energy Picture:
history of us energy consumption:
Before the advent of electricity, energy came from the burning of
wood and oils. In the early 1900s with the advent of the tungsten
lightbulb and the automobile, consumption began to rise