Tim Beachy (A04)
1. Define cardiovascular systems. It includes the heart and blood vessels that carry nutrients, oxygen, hormones, waste and enzymes. It also regulates many things. (Donatelle, 2008, p. 454( 2. Differentiate between arteri
Objectives for Chapter 17 Study-guide: Injury and Violence
State the type of crime that, in the U. S. is the highest than in any other country.
State 2 of the most reliabl
Objectives for Chapter 14 Study-guide: Infectious Disease
Define chain of infection.
Draw a diagram of the chain of infection.
*Be sure to label and describe each link in the chain. *
List 7 controllable risk factors for infectious disease.
Objectives for Chapter 7 Study-guide: Fitness- Physical Activity for Life
1. Differentiate between exercise, physical activity and physical fitness, skill-related fitness, and
health related fitness.
2. State the 2 guidelines for exercise according to the
Objectives for Chapter 10 Study-guide: Alcohol & Tobacco
State the leading preventable cause of death in the U.S.
State the percentage of adult Americans who smoke tobacco.
Has smoking increased or decreased since 1965?
State what is responsible for this
The Structure of Personality
For each slide,
click the little to
activate the sound.
Go ahead and click
that one to try it out.
If you dont hear anything, youll need to check your speakers
and sound card to make sure everything is working.
American History to 1877
Rip Van Winkle
Rip Van Winkles story starts out in the Catskill Mountains of New York, for he has two
children and a wife named Dame. In 1763, Winkle walks into the woods near his village intent
on hunting, yet e
The amount of fuel we use is determined by both
current price and average income.
Keep in mind:
In 1998, gas sold for 82
cents/gallon (lowest in
In 2002, gas was selling for
Gas prices are very volatile,
most people assume they
Follow the directions and answer Parts 1 & 2. Once the document is completed, save it in My Documents (ending in .doc). Copy it and paste it in the Submission Box,
under,2. Assignment Materials. and also Hit the Brow
Name:Tim Beachy A04 Facts about Psychoactive Drugs
Familiarize yourself with the different types of psychoactive drugs by COMPLETING the worksheet below. Refer to your textbook as needed. Bring the completed document to class. TO RECEIVE FULL CREDIT,
Tim Beachy (A04)
1. Define Violence. Behaviors that cause injuries and the outcomes of injuries are violence. (Donatelle, 2008, p. 108) 2. List 9 societal causes of violence. Poverty, unemployment, parental influence, cultural beliefs, med
Tim Beachy (A04)
1. Differentiate between homosexuals, bisexuals, and heterosexuals. Homosexuals are attracted to members of the same sex, heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex, and bisexuals are attracted to both. (Donatelle, 20
Tim Beachy – A04
1. What are four questions a good consumer might ask when a doctor
orders a test, treatment, or medication?
How successfully and often had he done this, side effects, overnight stay or
just go home, and why is he ordering this.
TimBeachy- Section A04
1. State the definition of health according to the World Health
“Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well being, not
just the absence of disease or infirmity.” (Donatelle, 2008, p. 6)
Tim Beachy (A04)
1. Define addiction. It is when one continues to use a substance or action, not ceasing even though negative effects are obvious. (Donatelle, 2008, p. 350) 2. Define negative consequences. Problems associated with addicti
1. State what percentages of Americans drink alcohol. 65% of Americans are regular drinkers, only 10% are heavy drinkers, but 90% of college students have drank in the last 30 days and 33% are binge drinkers. (Donatelle, 2008, p. 374) 2. State what p
Name: _Tim Beachy_ Section Number: _A04_ Contraceptive Worksheet
Please fill out the following contraceptive worksheet. Go to
TYPE all responses, save it, print it, sta
1. Differentiate between physical fitness and exercise. Fitness is the ability to perform exercise regularly. (Donatelle, 2008, p. 320) 2. Identify four common obstacles to physical activity. Personal, environmental, reluctance because of body compos
Objectives for Chapter 14 Study-guide: 1. Identify what drug is most treated for addictions in Australia, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, and the Nordic Nations. -Opiates: Australia, Europe, Asia -Cocaine: North American,South America 2.
Lecture 13 DNA structure and function
Watson and Crick
They were young scientists at Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge, England.
Watson and Crick determine DNA structure is a double helix
BIOL 101: wk5-1
Building blocks of DNA
Name: _ A0_ Facts about Psychoactive Drugs Familiarize your with the different types of psychoactive drugs by COMPLETING the worksheet below. Refer to http:/www.acde.org/common/Contents.htm and your text book as needed. Bring the completed document t
The Presidents War Message (1846)
The existing state of the relations between the United States and Mexico renders it proper that I
should bring the subject to the consideration of Congress. In my message at the
commencement of your present session the st