1. Greg has classes in the morning and works as a phone customer service representative in
the afternoon. Four times a week, he swims steady laps in the morning for about 45 minutes.
Which of the following concepts does his routine best represent?
1. To create a SMART goal, you should aim for perfection no matter how long it
will take to accomplish.
The acronym SMART represents goals that are both achievable and time-bound. In order to increas
efficacy, break up big goals into smaller, a
1. Which person of the following people is working toward the highest physical
30-year-old woman with asthma taking weekly swimming lessons at
28-year-old high school tennis coach training to run a 5K to raise
money for local childrens
1. Check All That Apply Activity: Identifying Stressors 2
Based on the description of Marcuss life, which areas have the potential to be
the source of stressors right now? Check all that apply.
Ethan rides his bike across campus every day to his different classes. What primary safety rule is
He is not wearing clothing that will keep him dry.
He is not wearing proper biking shoes.
He is not wearing a helmet.
He is not weari
1. Stressor: Charlie gave a presentation at work. Later that afternoon, he heard that one of his colle
critical of his presentation. Which of the following responses would be constructive ways Charlie co
this situation in order to reduce his stress? Check
1. Smoking a water pipe with flavored tobacco doesnt pose the same health
risks as smoking cigarettes.
The flavored tobacco smoke from the water pipe tends to be less irritating to the throat than
cigarette smoke, giving the impression of great
1. Scenario Activity: Dimensions of Wellness
Rosalias grandfather, Hector, was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. One
day Rosalia found him at the computer doing an online search for diabetes
treatments, and he was getting a credit card out of his w
1. Check All That Apply Activity: Handling Alcohol Emergencies
Jackie and her roommate Kim went to a party. Jackie knew that Kim had had too much to
drink. On the way home, Kim was nauseated and had a hard time walking up the stairs to their
Department of Recreation & Sport Pedagogy
Physical Activity & Wellness Program (PAW)
Instructor: Mike Smyntek
Office: Grover Center, E192
Office Hours: 12-1 on TWTH or by
Office Phone: 740-593-4654