Deadly Deception Questions
1. What are the ethical issues?
The ethical issues are that thousands of people have syphilis and there is not enough
money to treat them all, and they decided to turn the patients into test subjects for a
Running Head: EXERCISE AND THE OLDER ADULT
Exercise and the Older Adult
This issue analysis is for Ethics, Diversity, and Gerontology class held on Wednesdays
from 9:30am to 12:20pm tau
The clients objectives were met because they did learn what blood pressure is, how to
take their own blood pressure, and where to receive more information because we taught them
and had them repeat back the information given.
The teachers objec
1. Loss, Death, and Palliative Care- Throughout life the winds of loss will gently stir recurrent
episodes of grief through sights, sounds, smells, anniversary dates, and other triggers.
Bereavement overload- A number of grief situations in a s
1. Cognitive impairment- term that describes a range of disturbances in cognitive function
including disturbances of memory, orientation, attention, and concentration may affect
intelligence, judgment, learning ability, perception, psychomotor
1. Economic and Legal issues- Older adults in the U.S. receive basic income and health
insurance, and face common legal issues.
Definitions: CMS, Custodial care, PPS, Skilled care, The Social Security Act, Title XVIII of
social security act, XI
1. Relationships, Roles, and Transitions- Concepts of family structure and function, the
transitions of retirement, widowhood, widowerhood, and caregiving as well as intimacy and
sexuality are examined.
Caregiving- The act of providing assistan
1. Neurological Disorders- most common in older adults are cerebrovascular disease and
Aphasia- A communication disorder that affects the ability to use and understand spoken or
written words, or both.
1. Mental health- It is not different in later life, but the level of challenge may be greater.
Developmental transitions, life events, physical illness, cognitive impairment, and situations
calling for psychic energy may interfere with mental