BIOS 1030 Study Guide Chapter 3
Chapter 3 - Cells:
1. Explain what the constraint on the size of the cell is (why are almost all cells microscopic)? What do
2. Name and explain the 2 major events that are thought to have occur
BIOL 1010: Principles of Biology
Class # 2921
Instructors: Dr. Thompson and your lab instructors.
Class Times & Locations: 9-10:20 am Tuesday & Thursday, Porter Hall 105
Labs held in Porter Hall 300; check your schedule for your lab time.
Patton College of Education and Human Services
Early Childhood Education
Introduction to Early Childhood Education
EDEC 1001-101 #5401
Laura Wentworth, M. Ed.
Email: [email protected]
Office located in 309Q
Math D005: Intermediate Algebra, Spring Semester 2017
M W F 11:50-12:45 Morton 235
Class # 3702 Section 100
Instructor: Monica Hilverding
Office: Morton 528
Phone/email: [email protected]
Office Hours: M W F 10:45-11:40 or by appointment
Mar 16, 7:10 PM
16 Mt St M
S B Thomas and S C Quinn. The Tuskegee Syphilis Study, 1932 to 1972: implications for HIV
education and AIDS risk education programs in the black community. American Journal of
Public Health November 1991: Vol. 81, No. 11, pp. 1498-1505
The AIDS Epidemic
Boyd, Denise R. "Teaching Students with Disabilities: A Proactive Approach." Association for
Psychological Science. Association for Psychological Sciences, Feb. 2007. Web.
Mar. 2017. Web
Crawford, Sara K., et al. "Strategies for Inclusion in
Elkhorn coral and coral in general is one of the oldest animals in the world and they have evolution to
thank for that. Without Elkhorn coral mutating and adjusting to the new conditions and environment the
climate has brought they would not be alive toda
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is a sexually transmitted disease that became
known as one of the most destructive infectious diseases in history thus far. With the major
appearance of HIV in the 1980s introduced the world to Acquired Immune Deficiency
BIOS 1030 Study Guide
Chapter 6: Muscles
1. Review the 3 main types of muscle tissues from Chapter 4.
2. What is a muscle fiber equivalent to?
3. What attaches a muscle to bone?
4. Be able to describe briefly the structure of a muscle from large to smalle
BIOS 1030 Study Guide
1. Which general vessels carry blood away from the heart? To the heart?
2. Compare the structure of a vein and an artery based on the size of the smooth muscle layer
and the center/lumen and why they are different.
Study Guide BIOS 1030
Chapter 4: Tissues
1. Name the 4 main tissue types found in the body. Define what a tissue is.
2. Name 3 places that epithelial tissue is found.
3. Why is it important that junctions between epithelial cells are tightly joined by pro
Chapter 2 Study Guide:
1. Which pH is neutral? What ions are in equal amounts at this pH?
2. Which pH are acidic? Basic? What ions increase in each case? How much does pH change between
each whole number on the pH scale?
3. What does pH measure?
4. Name t
Study Guide for BIOS 1030
1. Describe two major differences between eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
2. Which type of cell was the first cell on the planet?
3. When did the follow occur: Formation of the Earth, first prokaryotic cells, first e
Academic Calendar 2016-17
Office of the University Registrar
Fall Semester 2016-17
Note: Deadlines are 5:00 p.m. EST on the date indicated (unless otherwise noted). However, online transactions
may be processed beyond 5:00 p.m. EST if the online system is