BIOS 1030 Study Guide Chapter 3
Chapter 3 - Cells:
1. Explain what the constraint on the size of the cell is (why are almost all cells microscopic)? What do
2. Name and explain the 2 major events that are thought to have occur
Study Guide for BIOS 1030
1. Describe two major differences between eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
2. Which type of cell was the first cell on the planet?
3. When did the follow occur: Formation of the Earth, first prokaryotic cells, first e
Chapter 2 Study Guide:
1. Which pH is neutral? What ions are in equal amounts at this pH?
2. Which pH are acidic? Basic? What ions increase in each case? How much does pH change between
each whole number on the pH scale?
3. What does pH measure?
4. Name t