The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity: Part A
Peripheral Nervous System (PNS)
All neural structures outside the brain
1* Sensory receptors
2* Peripheral nerves and associated ganglia
3* Motor endings
Specialized to r
The Central Nervous System:
Central Nervous System (CNS)
CNS consists of the brain and spinal cord
1* Evolutionary development of the rostral (anterior) portion of the CNS
2* Increased number of neurons in the head
Respiratory System Assignment
1. For what metabolic reason does respiration occur?
Immune System Assignment
1. Which of the following best describes the immune system?
Lymphatic System Assignment
1. Lymphatic vessels: a. collect excess fluid from interstitial spaces. b. drain blood from lymph nodes. c. are part of the venous system. d. are built like arteries. 2. Lymphatic capillaries owe their permeability to the prese
Blood Vessels Assignment
1. Of the following vessel types, which are responsible for the exchange of
gases and nutrients with tissues?
2. Of the following vessel types, which conduct blood toward the heart
1. The principle of complementary structure and function is evident when
examining the coverings of the heart. In what way is this relationship