5. The white light will be hotter because of Wiens law and the fact that the
max peak of the wavelength for white light is smaller. The temperature is
proportional to the maximum wavelength.
8. The eyes will appear black because the
1. A line of symmetry is a line that is drawn that has two exact sides on each side of the line, the
line separates two mirror images.
2. Translational Symmetry
4. Inversion symmetry is the moving of a point from x,y,z to x,-y,-z through
Polarized light is light which has all waves oscillating in one direction such as the vertical or
horizontal direction. Unpolarized light is light which the waves are oriented in all directions from
1. Interference is the joining of tow waves while diffraction is the bending of
waves around an object.
3. If the 2 slits are brought closer together the spacing between the waves
4. The pattern will become more sharp and large
2. (d) medium through which it travels
5. Einsteins experiment of energy quantization explained the photoelectric effect of light.
7. A medium is dispersive when waves with different frequencies travel at different speeds. Water is
1. Light will travel faster through water rather than glass. Water has a lower
index of refraction so the light can travel through it easier because it is less
dense of a medium.
2. The critical angle would be greater at the water-air sur
2. A secondary rainbows colors are reversed due to two reflections happening inside of a rain drop. The light enters
at a different angle and therefore reflects off of two sides of the raindrop reversing the color order.
3. The sky