1. Explain the difference between an affidavit and a declaration.
An affidavit is a sworn statement of facts that has been written down and sworn to by a witness.
This is done before a person/s authorized to administer oaths and acknowledged by a notary
Graded Lesson 8 Assignment: Final Exam (250 points)
On February 6, 2013, Sarah Smith ran into Charlie Frank while driving down East
Boulevard in Arizona. Frank suffered some injuries from the car accident. He left
the scene in an ambulance and was treated
1.Explain the difference between an affidavit and a declaration.
Declarations are written statements made by a witness and signed under penalty of perjury. Affidavits
are written statements by a witness made under oath and acknowledged by
27 January 2015
1. Explain subject matter jurisdiction and how it applies to litigation.
Subject matter jurisdiction is the power of a court to hear particular matters. (Page 100) Subject
matter jurisdiction would apply
February 11th, 2015
Elements of claims
Sources of Proof
Photographs of the scene
b) Breach of Duty
13 January 2015
1. According to the complaint on Page 455, the first paragraph should contain the
jurisdictional allegation. Identifying which court will have the authority over the case,
and where the complaint is being
1. The key components to structuring an investigation into a new case are: Elements of claims,
sources of proof, informal fact investigation, and formal discovery. (Page 21) The elements of
claims are each potential claim, relief, and def
22 January 2015
1. The work product privilege is a qualified privilege for the work papers, notes, memoranda, and
reports gathered or prepared by an attorney or his assistant in anticipation of litigation. (Page
PAR 112 Lesson 2
1. Explain the work-product doctrine and what information the privilege protects.
2. Identify one example of a conflict of interest from the lesson notes.
3. Describe the attorney-client privilege and explain how it operates.
4. Explain t
PAR 112 - 24380
February 10th, 2015
A: Draft a litigation Chart for a Negligence Claim
Elements of claims
b) Breach of
Sources of Proof
Case Files by
My rational for organizing my clients documents would be in seven (7) different folders.
Police Brutality and racism
o Chaney, Cassandra, and Ray V. Robertson. "Racism and police brutality in
America." Journal of African American Studies 17.4 (2013): 480+. Academic
OneFile. Web. 2 Mar. 2015.
o Anonymous. "Police Brutality." Los Angeles Times
Graded Lesson 1 Assignment: (90 possible points) Using the sample Litigation File: Jones v.
Smith, beginning on page 453 of your text, provide short answers to the following questions.
Remember that strong written communication is critical in the legal fi
1. According to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 8(b), what are the three possible responses
that a defendant may use when answering the allegations in a complaint? Do any of the
responses have special requirements?
The three possible responses that a defe
Explain subject matter jurisdiction and how it applies to litigation.
Subject matter jurisdiction is the power of a court to hear a particular matter. When
preparing a complaint, a paralegal must make sure that the necessary information is
shown to the
FIRST SET OF INTERROGATORIES TO PLAINTIFF JOHN SMITH
Rule of Law: 17C A.R.S. City Ct.Local Prac. and Proc.Rules, Phoenix, Rule 2.10 and
2.15, A.R.S. 12-2201, A.R.S. 12-962
1. State your full name, your present address, and date of birth.
2. Describe in yo
PAR 112 - Final
PART A: (Page 1 3)
Maricopa County Justice Courts, Arizona
Desert Ridge Justice Court
18380 N. 40th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032; 602-372-7000
Michelle Y. Phillips,
Case No.: CC2015-007756