Study Guide for 103
Chapter 6 Volcanic Rocks
1. Intrusive igneous rocks cool within the earth often forming plutons.
2. Extrusive igneous rocks cool at the earths surface forming lava flows and dikes.
3. Igneous rocks are classified by composition:
Lesson 2 Assignment: Write brief answers (three to five sentences) to these questions: (35 points)
1. Animal realism requires a "realistic portrayal of animals, without personification." Why would that be
In animal realism, there must be a "realisti
ENH 291 bbf4778dae650283c9d9365a762bbb7776a476c4.docx
1. Lesson 3 Assignment: Write brief answers (three to five sentences for most) to these questions:
a. Lukens describes how verbal storytelling uses a linear progression w
Lesson 8 Assignment: Write brief answers (three to five sentences for most) to these questions: (35
a. For what reasons would an author need to create an integral setting? When would a backdrop
setting be a better choice?
An author may want to use
Lesson 4 Assignment (30 points)
Write brief answers (three to five sentences for most) to these questions: (20 points)
a. Briefly discuss American traditional literary heritage. Where did Americans get these stories?
American traditional literary heritag
Lesson 6 Assignment: Write brief answers (three to five sentences for most) to these questions:
a. What is the difference between a "framed" story and "straight line" story, or between these and a
story that follows the classic (Aristotelian)
As you read through this lesson and the assignment readings, pay special attention to how successful
authors share messages without being didactic.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
1. Find an insightful theme in a story.
d. What point does this story make to you? (Be sure to state your answer as a complete idea, so
that the message is clear.)
e. How did the author suspend disbelief and encourage readers to believe in the fanciful
f. What is the
Intro to Art
When it comes to defining art there are many different terms used and they all have a
very particular meaning. Not all art is the same and many different artist use their art to express
many different emotions and fee
1. Lesson 9 Assignment: Respond to the following questions/statements in writing. (45 points)
a. Define historical fiction and describe the value for students who read historical fiction.
Historical fiction can be defined as fictional stories written in a